STeaP - Carrot Cake!

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Nov 20th, '08, 07:47

STeaP - Carrot Cake!

by strangeseraph » Nov 20th, '08, 07:47

I just watched the SteaP episode about Teaguys Carrot cake.

This confused me, as every review I've read about it says it takes like carrot cake, but the SteaP reviewers say it tastes like cloves.

Is this because they didn't put sugar in it? Or maybe that was just the luck of brewing? I thought about getting Carrot Cake as one of the first teas I want to try but then I finished watching their review and now I'm not sure.

Opinions?
~ Jenny ~
S
Enjoying a Cuppa. [__]D

Nov 20th, '08, 13:05

by Wesli » Nov 20th, '08, 13:05

While flavors are presumed to be objective, it turns out that they can be rather subjective. You learn this, as you have, by reading reviews of the same tea by different people. I wrote an article on this titled the Subjectivity of Taste.

While it's possible a different brewing method could account for such a difference, subjectivity of taste could account for even more. I say to try it out for yourself, and get a sample if you can.

Nov 20th, '08, 14:32

by Vulture » Nov 20th, '08, 14:32

Wesli wrote:While flavors are presumed to be objective, it turns out that they can be rather subjective. You learn this, as you have, by reading reviews of the same tea by different people. I wrote an article on this titled the Subjectivity of Taste.

While it's possible a different brewing method could account for such a difference, subjectivity of taste could account for even more. I say to try it out for yourself, and get a sample if you can.
Your right on this Wes. I mean why do people like one tea over another? I can say one thing though is that if most people say its 'horrid' then expect it to not be the best thing. But its usually an experience to have these teas. That is why I tried so many flavored teas against a lot of backfire on it. Even if it doesn't taste like carrot cake its still going to be a unique flavor!

Dec 4th, '08, 21:34

by yukondoit » Dec 4th, '08, 21:34

I love the carrot cake.

http://authoritea.blogspot.com/2008/11/ ... oibos.html

It tastes like carrot cake, at least in my opinion. And I. love. carrot. cake. I am totally addicted to it. It's very creamy and dessert-like, but there are teas other people LOVE that I absolutely hate (and plenty of teas that have received good/bad reviews, only to receive opposite reviews on other sites). Nonetheless, if you want a sweet, dessert rooibos, try a little. It's worth the risk. There are a lot of overflavored/too sweet/boring rooibos blends, and this is a great one.
----------------------->
Jessica
author+tea >> tea news, reviews & info
http://authoritea.blogspot.com

+ Post Reply