10 sec wait for 10 years of aging....

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 19th, '08, 11:42
Vendor Member

10 sec wait for 10 years of aging....

by TIM » Nov 19th, '08, 11:42

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail. ... 2726830&c=
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail. ... 2518978&c=

What do you think? And How on earth a 2 thousand years of tea drinking culture have no idea on this?? Magical!

Nov 19th, '08, 11:54

by Janine » Nov 19th, '08, 11:54

LOL! (The wonders of SkyMall)

Try it with puerh!

Nov 19th, '08, 12:00

by tony shlongini » Nov 19th, '08, 12:00

There's one born every minute.

Nov 19th, '08, 12:04

by Janine » Nov 19th, '08, 12:04

This is what people travel for, just to find this stuff on SkyMall!

Nov 19th, '08, 12:17
Vendor Member

by TIM » Nov 19th, '08, 12:17

tony shlongini wrote:There's one born every minute.
Ok, ok, I understand the concept of Capital fetishism... But do you think the aging process in wine, cigar and tea related to the Magnetic field? I know you like wine Tony, have you heard about these tools before?

Nov 19th, '08, 14:32

by Eastree » Nov 19th, '08, 14:32

I don't know about magnetic fields. But I know that ultrasound can do the trick with fermented beverages.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... entor.html

Nov 19th, '08, 15:10

by betta » Nov 19th, '08, 15:10

I'm not an expert of these aging processes, however I'm quite worry about the usage of ultrasonic wave for beverages. Perhaps I'm not well informed, however lately there're researches in the chemical reaction engineering where ultrasonic wave is used to trigger free radical formation in liquids. These radicals are carcinogenic.
I don't know what will be the outcome if it is applied to liquor.

Nov 19th, '08, 15:41

by Janine » Nov 19th, '08, 15:41

Betta & Eastree - interesting about ultrasonic waves.

I don't know much about ultrasonic - is this the same as when I have an ultrasound test? (I mean by a radiologist)

What about microwaves for heating? does this do similar things as you describe, betta?

re magnetic fields: I would not doubt its many effects (but I have NO idea about what it has to do with the aging process of puerhs or of alcoholic beverages). I think this is a wide open field for all kinds of research. There is no doubt that magnetic fields affect us humans - and have been associated with traditional places of worship like the sites of oracles (caves & volcanic activity, etc). Changes in magnetic fields I believe correspond to many geologic events as I understand it.

Nov 19th, '08, 16:09

by puerhking » Nov 19th, '08, 16:09

OMG!!! keep your hand out of that thing!!! :lol:

Nov 21st, '08, 02:27

by betta » Nov 21st, '08, 02:27

Janine wrote:Betta & Eastree - interesting about ultrasonic waves.

I don't know much about ultrasonic - is this the same as when I have an ultrasound test? (I mean by a radiologist)

What about microwaves for heating? does this do similar things as you describe, betta?

re magnetic fields: I would not doubt its many effects (but I have NO idea about what it has to do with the aging process of puerhs or of alcoholic beverages). I think this is a wide open field for all kinds of research. There is no doubt that magnetic fields affect us humans - and have been associated with traditional places of worship like the sites of oracles (caves & volcanic activity, etc). Changes in magnetic fields I believe correspond to many geologic events as I understand it.
Janine, I'm afraid I can't help much with this topic. The ultrasound you mean is used for medical purpose to produce image of human organel. I think the principal is quite similar to those used in submarine, only the frequency and intensity are different. Maybe due to this difference, the USG for medic isn't hazardous (the energy transferred to human body from the wave is weak for medical purpose).

What I mean is the wave at different frequency from those apparatuses, at quite strong intensity which can trigger a reaction (thus change the taste of a liquid, I believe). Some PhD researches used these wave easily to generate free radical in liquid.

Microwave is also used in reaction engineering, but somehow almost exclusively to heat the reaction medium rather than initiating free radicals.
There's an e-mail I received in the past where people did experiment with water which was treated with microwave and cooled down prior to feeding to plant. Two identical plants had been used for experiment, one had been fed with normal tap water and another with 'microwave treated' water. After some time the one fed with 'microwave treated' water started to starve. I don't fully trust this e-mail as I haven't tested it myself.

I think it is part of the risk people take for the sake of simplicity. Even mobile phone which is clearly hazardous to our brain under long time exposure, is still used.

+ Post Reply