Tequila Sunrise and other Eagles blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Dec 1st, '08, 12:37

Tequila Sunrise and other Eagles blends

by kymidwife » Dec 1st, '08, 12:37

I am so excited, I just got my Adagio order this morning, and among other things, I got one of my signature blends called "Tequila Sunrise".

Those of you who know me alittle may know that I am a major Eagles fan (as in music, not sports or birds). My best friend is a bigger fan than me, if thats possible! I've seen the Eagles 6 times this year... excessive, I know, but they are getting old, and who knows when one of them may call it quits.

Anyway, when I first found Adagio, I made my friend a blend called Warm Smell of Colitas in honor of Hotel California. She really liked it, and has been a fairly popular signature blend for me... very aromatic and delicious. It prompted me to learn just what Colitas are... they are NOT a flower as I had assumed. Google it, LOL.

So, to carry on the Eagles tradition, I have made some additional Eagles blends... toying around with blending at home... particularly with my friend, LeAnn, in mind. She likes white and green teas, fruity or floral aroma, and the color pink... and this combination led me to create Tequila Sunrise.

This signature blend is a mixture of White Peony, White Tropics, and Blood Orange (which gives a gorgeous pink color). I've tried it both hot and cold, sweet and unsweet... it's bright and slightly tart and very smooth and fruity when hot and unsweetened. When used for iced tea, the tartness is all but gone. The aroma is to die for. And my custom label turned out very nicely too!

Yes, it's my signature blend and yes, I am shamelessly promoting it. But, I do think it's really good, and I'm so excited to give LeAnn a tasty PINK tea which is all about The Eagles. She's gonna love it, and I hope you do to, if you decide to try it. I have Witchy Woman and a Peacful Easy Feelin' blends too, LOL!

Long live The Eagles!

Sarah

Dec 1st, '08, 13:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 1st, '08, 13:14

Congrats Sarah! I love the Eagles too, but I usually only catch them once a year.
However the New Year's Eve Millennium concert at the Staples Center in LA had to top them all (just to rub it in). Unless of course you were out here. hehehe

Anyway congrats on your new blends and I'm sure your friend will be ecstatic.
Enjoy!

Dec 1st, '08, 13:33

by kymidwife » Dec 1st, '08, 13:33

So, as it turns out, Victoria IS the witchy woman. :evil: No, I was not there for the Millenium concert. <sigh> But I am seeing them again in New Orleans in January!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Dec 1st, '08, 13:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 1st, '08, 13:39

kymidwife wrote:So, as it turns out, Victoria IS the witchy woman. :evil:
Ha!

Dec 1st, '08, 13:53

by geeber1 » Dec 1st, '08, 13:53

Sarah,

What would you use for a "Those Shoes" blend? Maybe some moldy old pu? :lol: Just kidding!

The Tequila Sunrise blend sounds yummy, I'm going to put it on my wishlist.

Dec 2nd, '08, 05:43

TS..is a hit!

by boywoodhe » Dec 2nd, '08, 05:43

I tried the TS tea and it is a bit tart and fruity, but not too much. This blend has just the perfect amount of blood orange and white teas, to make this an incredible tea blend. :D This tea is very soothing, and it helps me relax from a busy day. TS is like two different teas when served hot and iced. :twisted: The iced TS is less tart and fruity, kind of a mellow taste but very tasty and refreshing.
I will be ordering this tea again. :)
Two thumbs up for this tea.
Good job, Sarah!

+ Post Reply