Keeping inner ticket intact

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 1st, '08, 00:32

Keeping inner ticket intact

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 00:32

I'm wondering if anyone has some good ideas about this. I, like a lot of you pu heads probably do, love to hold onto the nei fei along with the original wrapper of the cake. What i've been noticing is it is extremly hard to safely seperate the nei fei from the cake with out it tearing or some layers of the paper being ripped off and stuck to the beeng. Does anyone have a good technique to getting these things off?

I've also noticed that some samples I have purchased (mainly from scott) actually have the nei fei of the original cake included, stuck to a chunk of tea.

Dec 1st, '08, 01:11

by Wesli » Dec 1st, '08, 01:11

Heh, nei-fei samples, I've had a few of those too. And I don't like them because sometimes the paper gets stuck to the leaf and it can become a hassle!

If you steamed it (the neifei with chunk of tea attached), like a shorter version of tuocha steaming, you could get it off in a flash.

Dec 1st, '08, 01:25

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 01:25

Wesli wrote:Heh, nei-fei samples, I've had a few of those too. And I don't like them because sometimes the paper gets stuck to the leaf and it can become a hassle!

If you steamed it (the neifei with chunk of tea attached), like a shorter version of tuocha steaming, you could get it off in a flash.
So my best bet is to just leave it on the cake until I get down to where its attached, and than steam that chunk to get it loose? Thanks wes :)

Dec 1st, '08, 15:26

by shogun89 » Dec 1st, '08, 15:26

I have safely separated one with a knife and about 5 minutes. The steaming will work also and probably be safer to the ticket.
I hope there isnt anyone around here who throws these items out when the cake is done. . . .. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dec 1st, '08, 16:55

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 16:55

shogun89 wrote:I hope there isnt anyone around here who throws these items out when the cake is done. . . .. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I shudder at the thought....

Dec 1st, '08, 17:44

by andy825 » Dec 1st, '08, 17:44

What do you do with them after the fact? We have quite a stack of them, and I'm not sure what to do with them. Arts and crafts? Mount them in shadow boxes as objets d' art? I guess ideally my husband would make a pu journal and keep all of the materials and tasting notes in it, but that's not going to happen.

Dec 1st, '08, 17:52

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 17:52

andy825 wrote: I guess ideally my husband would make a pu journal and keep all of the materials and tasting notes in it, but that's not going to happen.
That sure would be some project though :)

Dec 1st, '08, 18:35

by shogun89 » Dec 1st, '08, 18:35

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
andy825 wrote: I guess ideally my husband would make a pu journal and keep all of the materials and tasting notes in it, but that's not going to happen.
Speaking of which I am just about to do something like that. In my case a puerh log book. It will be a regular composition note book and each page will be dedicated to a different cake. Here I will write the date I got it, how much it costs, where its from and once a year take tasting notes down and date them. This way you have a complete record of your whole collection and an easy way to track values and how they have changed. I personally think it is a good idea.

Dec 1st, '08, 18:38

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 18:38

shogun89 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Speaking of which I am just about to do something like that. In my case a puerh log book. It will be a regular composition note book and each page will be dedicated to a different cake. Here I will write the date I got it, how much it costs, where its from and once a year take tasting notes down and date them. This way you have a complete record of your whole collection and an easy way to track values and how they have changed. I personally think it is a good idea.
Yea I would love to do something like that but knowing me Id have to go all hardcore with it and make some fancy-professional looking spell book of sorts :lol:

Dec 1st, '08, 19:19

by andy825 » Dec 1st, '08, 19:19

It's a great idea, and I have encouraged him to do it in the past, but realistically, its never going to happen. Maybe I'll just get a big book and a glue stick and we can paste all the pretty wrappers into the book. =/

Dec 1st, '08, 21:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Dec 1st, '08, 21:00

That reminds me of how wine drinkers can buy those mats to arrange their corks.

The journal sounds like a great idea. I keep meaning to start one to document my tea drinking. . . maybe having two pages for one tea, that way you can easy fit two nei-fei (though I guess it depends on how big your journal is...).

Hmmmmm!

Dec 1st, '08, 21:21

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 1st, '08, 21:21

I would need to find something that I would be able to add pages into... Something along the lines of a binder but a really nice one.

Dec 1st, '08, 21:38

by Drax » Dec 1st, '08, 21:38

I wonder if they still sell those picture corners?

You know, the ones you used to see in photo albums that held the corners of the photos in place.

Yep, looks like they do. Here's an example. That could work. You might be able to find a nice binder at that site too.

Maybe if there's scrapbookers out there, they have ideas, too? (probably on binders as well).

Dec 2nd, '08, 20:07

by Drax » Dec 2nd, '08, 20:07

okay, I couldn't resist. How about using this thing here to store the nei-fei??

Hahaha :D

Dec 2nd, '08, 20:35

by shogun89 » Dec 2nd, '08, 20:35

Drax wrote:okay, I couldn't resist. How about using this thing here to store the nei-fei??

Hahaha :D
Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

+ Post Reply