Tie Guan Yin

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 8th, '08, 22:41

Tie Guan Yin

by jashnew » Dec 8th, '08, 22:41

Has anybody had the Tie Guan Yin Oolong from Upton? I did a review on my site. I noticed a blueberry scent with a combination of a woodsy smell. I'm not a big Oolong guy but this one may change my mind.
There are two things I love, tea and rooibos http://www.teacontent.com/

Dec 8th, '08, 23:29

by Vulture » Dec 8th, '08, 23:29

This is commonly shortened to TGY, there is an active thread about it actually that you can read up on.

Dec 8th, '08, 23:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 8th, '08, 23:38

Have you tried Adagio's?

Dec 9th, '08, 07:32

by Herb_Master » Dec 9th, '08, 07:32

I have had a look at your website, some interesting work afoot there!

Been to look at Upton's as well they do not seem to come up on my regular searches.

All 4 of the Upton TKY's seem to have had a Classic/Traditional roasting Z020 maybe more than the other 3 (from it's name) I have not read all the reviews yet.

The colour of your brew certainly looks deep and flavourful.

All the Anxi oolongs that I have purchased to date seem to be of the currently in vogue Lighter style, Maybe I shall order something from Upton to try out the Classic.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Dec 9th, '08, 09:34

by Victoria » Dec 9th, '08, 09:34

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I can't help but say, I really wouldn't buy oolongs from Upton.

Dec 9th, '08, 10:28

by Herb_Master » Dec 9th, '08, 10:28

Victoria wrote:I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I can't help but say, I really wouldn't buy oolongs from Upton.

Thanks for the warning

I shall probably be paying one of my initial batch of Tea vendors a repeat visit

Seven Cups
Dragon Teahouse
Teacuppa
Teance
Houe De

unless I can find a recommended source for some unusual Dan Congs
Best wishes from Cheshire

Dec 9th, '08, 14:29

by thanks » Dec 9th, '08, 14:29

Herb_Master wrote:
Victoria wrote:I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I can't help but say, I really wouldn't buy oolongs from Upton.

Thanks for the warning

I shall probably be paying one of my initial batch of Tea vendors a repeat visit

Seven Cups
Dragon Teahouse
Teacuppa
Teance
Houe De

unless I can find a recommended source for some unusual Dan Congs
Look no further than Tea Habitat; http://tea-obsession.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -cong.html

Dec 9th, '08, 17:30

by Herb_Master » Dec 9th, '08, 17:30

thanks wrote:
Look no further than Tea Habitat; http://tea-obsession.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -cong.html
Thanks Thanks

I have been to Tea Habitat on numerous occasions to view the tea (and visited tea obsession to read and learn).

The difficulty for me is that I have been unable to find out how to order the teas - it is so simple when you can chuck it in a basket and proceed to the checkout.

I can only presume that either I am a total idiot and blind to the ordering menu or else you have to to go to the contact details, and drive to the shop, phone up or drop an e-mail.

I am a creature of logic and research, browsing many sites until I decide what I want - THEN - I become totally impulsive and make the purchase there and then (often exceeding my needs).

I don't even know if they ship overseas or what the shipping costs would be, and a phone call from England seems out of the question. Maybe one day I will drop an E Mail to test the water - but for now it is down to impulse

:D I have just ordered 3 new flavours of Dan Cong from Dragon Tea House

Yu Lan
Huang Zhi
Da Yu We

mmn! that should keep me going!

Dec 9th, '08, 17:32

by thanks » Dec 9th, '08, 17:32

Let us know how those go with a few reviews!

Actually the link I listed is to her current stock of Dancongs in USD pricing. Shoot her an e-mail with your selection, she'll tell you the order total, and then you can pay through paypal (probably easiest).

Dec 9th, '08, 18:05

by ABx » Dec 9th, '08, 18:05

Herb_Master wrote: I am a creature of logic and research, browsing many sites until I decide what I want - THEN - I become totally impulsive and make the purchase there and then (often exceeding my needs).

I don't even know if they ship overseas or what the shipping costs would be, and a phone call from England seems out of the question. Maybe one day I will drop an E Mail to test the water - but for now it is down to impulse
That's been my problem with them as well. If she just had a cart (and maybe better descriptions and pictures), I would have probably spent several hundred with them by now. Instead I forget and order from one of the other top stores.

Dec 11th, '08, 18:08

by wyardley » Dec 11th, '08, 18:08

ABx wrote:
Herb_Master wrote: I am a creature of logic and research, browsing many sites until I decide what I want - THEN - I become totally impulsive and make the purchase there and then (often exceeding my needs).

That's been my problem with them as well. If she just had a cart (and maybe better descriptions and pictures), I would have probably spent several hundred with them by now. Instead I forget and order from one of the other top stores.
I mentioned this to her when I was talking her about the LA teachat meet-up (quick plug: see the Misc. thread if you are in the Socal area and didn't hear about it). She said that she's working on it, so hopefully there will be better online shopping in the future.

+ Post Reply