Andao Tea - 2008 12 Gentlemen: Chun Ya Shen Yun Cooked Puerh

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 9th, '08, 21:53

Andao Tea - 2008 12 Gentlemen: Chun Ya Shen Yun Cooked Puerh

by toastedtoads » Dec 9th, '08, 21:53

Has anyone tried this tea from Andao?:
2008 12 Gentlemen: Chun Ya Shen Yun Cooked Puerh

I got a tea table and a few gaiwans from there a few days ago (love them!) and they have a sale going on until the 16th so I was going to pick up a few more things, and at $8.00 you can't go wrong, just wondering if anyone's had it? I was looking for a shu puerh to have around since I don't have any, just for times when I want to sit down and drink some puerh with dinner without worrying if I'm wasting precious tea on General Tso's.

Dec 10th, '08, 01:28

by thanks » Dec 10th, '08, 01:28

I absolutely love it. I picked up a few bings from Nada a few months back.

It seems to be a lighter fermented shu, so it should get better with age. At this price, you absolutely can't beat it, one of my favorite cooked pu'ers.

Dec 10th, '08, 02:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Dec 10th, '08, 02:43

I haven't tried it, but I usually try to find something with a few years of age on it. Young shu has a tendency to just taste like "typical" shu. At that price, though, I'd be tempted to get some, try a bit, and let it sit for a couple/few years while I drank something else on a regular basis :) Of course I say that because I have the advantage of being able to get great shu locally, with just about as many years on it as I could want - up to about 15 years. As such there is very little shu that I buy online, although this one is my favorite to date.

Dec 10th, '08, 05:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Dec 10th, '08, 05:38

Heh, I thought that picture looked familiar.

So... I've heard of the "4 Gentlemen" -- do the "12 Gentlemen" just represent more flowers/plants? Or is it something completely different?

+ Post Reply