Are there any plans to fix TeaMap for Canada?

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Are there any plans to fix TeaMap for Canada?

Postby chamekke » Nov 13th, '08, 00:38

I've tried several times over the past few weeks - tried again tonight - and it is just not possible to add a tearoom to the Canadian subsite of TeaMap.

I dutifully fill out the submission form and click the "add tearoom" button. The submission form vanishes ... and the entry never appears.

If there are no plans to fix the Canadian subsite, can you please just remove it? It's so frustrating to see all those blank pages, province after province, with no way of adding to them. And believe me, there are plenty I'd love to submit to TeaMap if I only could!

By the way, this seems ONLY to be the case with the Canadian subsite. I have succeeded in adding a couple of tearooms to the British subsite (from when I lived in the UK).
chamekke

Postby Chip » Nov 13th, '08, 01:46

Chamekke, might I suggest you post this under Feedback? Just a thought. 8)
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby chamekke » Nov 14th, '08, 13:02

OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
chamekke

Postby Salsero » Nov 14th, '08, 13:18

Probably better yet, send a PM to Ilya.
Salsero

Postby chamekke » Nov 30th, '08, 19:17

I sent Ilya a PM on November 22. But just now I was going through my Sent box and discovered that the message I sent to him was blank (what the hey?).

So a few minutes ago, I re-sent the message to him. Hopefully it contained some actual content this time!
chamekke

Postby chamekke » Dec 11th, '08, 18:44

Weirdest thing. I checked my copy of my Nov. 30 PM message to Ilya (the one in my Sent box), and guess what... it's blank, too. No wonder he never replied.

Ilya, if you read this, can you please respond via this thread? I don't know why my messages to you - and ONLY to you - lose their text upon being sent, but since it's happened more than once (and I'm getting tired of retyping the same information again and again), perhaps we should rely on this thread to communicate.

If someone else can point Ilya here, too, it would be much appreciated. (I'm not sure how often he checks these subforums.)

To reiterate the gist of the original messages: when I try to submit a Canadian tearoom to TeaMap via any of the Province pages (British Columbia's, say, or Ontario's), it seems to work. There is no error message when I click the button to submit. However, the submitted information never appears. I must have tried to submit information at least 10 times, both for British Columbia tearooms and for a couple in Ontario, and nothing happens. In fact, every Canadian province's webpage is blank, with the exception of a single tearoom on the Alberta page, and God only knows how that got into your database.

I know I'm not doing anything wrong myself, since (1) the instructions are perfectly clear, and I follow them to the letter, plus (2) I have managed on several occasions to successfully submit several British tearooms via the UK pages.

I know that others in this forum have mentioned this problem (e.g. Wosret). It continues to be an ongoing frustration, since there are many tearooms in Canada I am longing to submit to TeaMap. At the moment, it's possible only to create a series of individual threads on this forum, as others have tellingly done.

The USA and UK subsites of TeaMap do function. It's only the one for Canada that does not. If it's not possible to address this bug, maybe it's worth considering removing the Canadian subsite of TeaMap until the issue is fixed?
chamekke

Instant Messenger

Permissions