Tea Herb Vendor

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Dec 3rd, '08, 22:50

Tea Herb Vendor

by teaguru » Dec 3rd, '08, 22:50

Hi all!

I'm looking for a good place buy some herbs for tea. I'm intrigued by the many positive health benefits of these herbs, and I'd love to try some of them out. I'm only really interested in the whole leaf/seed/bark/stick products, and I'm trying to avoid the ground herbs for the sake of convenience and cost.

I've already cruised through the Monteray Bay Spice Company's website, and they seem pretty decent, but I'm wondering if there's any other stores that might have better deals. Anybody who offers up a shop in Canada will received an eCookie*.

And for those interested, the current line up of herbs that I'm interested in are:

Stevia leaf
Chrysanthemum flowers
Dandelion root
Calamus root
Licorice root
Lemon balm
Bee pollen
Hawthorn berry

If anyone has any other suggestions for herbs, I'm all ears!

* Value of eCookie is equal to or less than the value of the common gnat.

Dec 4th, '08, 20:33

by Sam. » Dec 4th, '08, 20:33

I've bought a good number of herbs (and coconut oil) from Mountain Rose Herbs. All of their products are organic or wildcrafted and many are grown right in Oregon where they're located. It's a small company that seems to be pretty granola so I think I can trust their passion for herbs.

www.mountainroseherbs.com

Dec 4th, '08, 20:34

by Sam. » Dec 4th, '08, 20:34

Oops. Forgot to say: they sell every herb under the sun as well of tons of teas and tisanes (though I've never tried them), oils, etc. etc. etc.

Dec 11th, '08, 23:09

by vegas_0 » Dec 11th, '08, 23:09

my company plant the golden camellia, this tea is of very beatiful golden flowers. I'm not mean to advertise here, but, this genus is really rare, and seems few people know it here.
if you google it online, then you'll find it.
Be on the court!

Dec 11th, '08, 23:47

by Wassupfrombustamove » Dec 11th, '08, 23:47

I've got the best places for you but since I'm a newbie i can't give the urls so just google these companies,

Zenith supplies in Seattle, Washington lots of bulk herbs to choose from.

Tenzing Momo also in Seattle Washington has even more to choose from than zenith supplies. Look under online ordering :D

Dec 12th, '08, 10:30

by neowolf » Dec 12th, '08, 10:30

Sam. wrote:I've bought a good number of herbs (and coconut oil) from Mountain Rose Herbs. All of their products are organic or wildcrafted and many are grown right in Oregon where they're located. It's a small company that seems to be pretty granola so I think I can trust their passion for herbs.

I'm definitely going to have to check them out. A lot of their herbal blends sound extremely nice.

Dec 12th, '08, 15:57

by teaguru » Dec 12th, '08, 15:57

neowolf wrote:
Sam. wrote:I've bought a good number of herbs (and coconut oil) from Mountain Rose Herbs. All of their products are organic or wildcrafted and many are grown right in Oregon where they're located. It's a small company that seems to be pretty granola so I think I can trust their passion for herbs.

I'm definitely going to have to check them out. A lot of their herbal blends sound extremely nice.
Ditto on that. I love the selection and the information on the different herbs. Plus their prices are quite reasonable in comparison to some of the other places.

But I will definitely check out the other suggestions!
I believe drinking tea makes me a better artist. But hey, I also believe I'm completely sane.

Dec 12th, '08, 18:45

by Sam. » Dec 12th, '08, 18:45

Their prices are really great. I like peppermint and chamomile tisanes - their organic peppermint is half the price of Adagio's - only $3/4oz versus $6/4oz.

+ Post Reply