flavored oolongs

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

What do you think about flavored oolongs

Yummy!
19%
Flavored oolongs? I'd never try them. They're over rated.
37%
I haven't tried them yet... but I want to.
19%
I have tried them, and I do not care for them.
11%
I have tried them, and I really do NOT like them at all.
15%

Total votes: 27

Dec 12th, '08, 19:25

flavored oolongs

by Cofftea » Dec 12th, '08, 19:25

What's your opinon...

Mod edit by Chip. Added poll option per thread discussion.

Dec 12th, '08, 19:26

by Cofftea » Dec 12th, '08, 19:26

coffee oolong amazing and so is caramel creme- it makes a great dessert tea!

Dec 12th, '08, 23:52

by kymidwife » Dec 12th, '08, 23:52

I wasn't sure which answer to choose on the poll... I have tried a number of flavored oolongs, and I liked some of them well enough, but I essentially never drink them anymore as I've come to prefer unflavored teas in general. But, for the sake of review, here are the flavored oolongs I've tried:

Coconut Pouchong from Adagio... very nice, I enjoy it occasionally.

Peach Oolong from Adagio... also very nice. I love it mixed half and half with white peach, makes a lovely iced tea. I have a signature blend of these 2 called "Life's a Peach".

Jasmine #12 from Adagio... used to LOVE it but I'm leaning away from Jasmine these days... still nice, but something I would rarely choose.

Orange Blossom Oolong from New Mexico Tea Company... nice, but not my favorite flavored oolong. Too orangish really for me, covers up the taste of the tea a bit too much... but nice to use as a blender with an unflavored tea to make it more subtle.

Osmanthus Oolong from Upton's... pretty good... I loved it at first when I was all about the flavored stuff, but as I've come to enjoy unflavored teas so much, I haven't tasted this one in a few months. It's probably stale.

Dragon Eye Oolong... from Revolution... Yummmm. One of my favorite flavored teas by far. I have only found it in full leaf pyramid bags, but wish I could find it loose in a tin. It's delish.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Dec 13th, '08, 03:05

by omegapd » Dec 13th, '08, 03:05

Sarah picked my 3 favorites in the Osmanthus, Orange and Jasmine Oolongs. I've also tried a Magnolia Oolong that was really nice, but too similar to Jasmine for my tastes- and the Jasmine is easier to find...

EW

Dec 13th, '08, 03:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Dec 13th, '08, 03:28

IMO there are too many wulongs with amazing fragrance without being artificially flavored/scented for me to want to spend time or money on flavored/scented ones.

Dec 13th, '08, 08:43

by chrl42 » Dec 13th, '08, 08:43

Flavored Oolongs come to my mind as Feng Huang Dan Cong. I find it OK but not like em too much.

Or Taiwanese Gui Hua Oolong, some vendor sell it as Alishan Oolong. I find it good but I heard it's not made from best Alishan leaves. Or Ginseng Oolong (Lan Gui Ren, very sweet and fragnant.

Can't think of much else..I'd love to know..

Dec 13th, '08, 09:10

by Chip » Dec 13th, '08, 09:10

There is no option for tried them and do not care for them which is what I would have voted for.

Dec 13th, '08, 10:24
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Dec 13th, '08, 10:24

I have never tried any ginseng oolong yet. From time to time I wanted to try and hesitated. I heard it's very nice and fragrant (and I don't care about the so-claimed health effects). But I guess deeply in my mind, I am somewhat against putting flavor in oolong. And I don't like the ginseng alone. And the high price of ginseng oolong doesn't help either.
So so far I've never had any flavored oolong and therefore can't tell if I like them or not. I believe I will try ginseng oolong someday, when it comes to me :D
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Dec 13th, '08, 11:11

by Cofftea » Dec 13th, '08, 11:11

kymidwife wrote:
Osmanthus Oolong from Upton's... pretty good... I loved it at first when I was all about the flavored stuff, but as I've come to enjoy unflavored teas so much, I haven't tasted this one in a few months. It's probably stale.

Dragon Eye Oolong... from Revolution... Yummmm. One of my favorite flavored teas by far. I have only found it in full leaf pyramid bags, but wish I could find it loose in a tin. It's delish.

Sarah
I've never heard of these two before. What do these taste like?

Dec 13th, '08, 11:20

by Cofftea » Dec 13th, '08, 11:20

kymidwife wrote:Peach Oolong from Adagio... also very nice. I love it mixed half and half with white peach, makes a lovely iced tea. I have a signature blend of these 2 called "Life's a Peach".

Orange Blossom Oolong from New Mexico Tea Company... nice, but not my favorite flavored oolong. Too orangish really for me, covers up the taste of the tea a bit too much... but nice to use as a blender with an unflavored tea to make it more subtle.Sarah
I'm leary of these 2, especially the peach, after trying lipton's herbal peach... it was like drinking hot liquid jello. I would; however, use them for culinary uses. Peach oolong instead of just water for peach jello would be yummy and infusing Orange Blossom Oolong in orange juice then chilling it down again would be a delicious way to incorporate iced tea into a "traditional" breakfast... or maybe cocktail time? Screwdrivers are yummy :D

Dec 13th, '08, 13:42

by wyardley » Dec 13th, '08, 13:42

chrl42 wrote:Flavored Oolongs come to my mind as Feng Huang Dan Cong. I find it OK but not like em too much.
I think they are talking about oolongs with added flavors, rather than just flavor created by the processing of the tea. Dan Cong shouldn't (properly) have any added flavor.

Dec 13th, '08, 15:05

by edkrueger » Dec 13th, '08, 15:05

Chip wrote:There is no option for tried them and do not care for them which is what I would have voted for.
Yes there is, reread the middle option.

Dec 13th, '08, 15:28

by Cofftea » Dec 13th, '08, 15:28

edkrueger wrote:
Chip wrote:There is no option for tried them and do not care for them which is what I would have voted for.
That isn't the same, but I couldn't put a 4th.

Dec 13th, '08, 18:05

by edkrueger » Dec 13th, '08, 18:05

Cofftea wrote:
edkrueger wrote:
That isn't the same, but I couldn't put a 4th.
Its pretty close and I'm sure that adding a 4th is possible.

Dec 13th, '08, 19:36

by Chip » Dec 13th, '08, 19:36

Adding a 4th should be possible, I do it everyday.

My choice is not close to any choices listed.

Let me know if you need help adding a 4th option.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply