What can you find in your Pu?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

What can you find in your Pu?

Postby TIM » Dec 15th, '08, 12:44

See, I got: Branches, twigs, rocks, some kind of gue, and an insect (grasshopper?) leggy.
All in one cook pu.

Please show visual if possible : ) This will be interesting....
Last edited by TIM on Jan 18th, '10, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby chrl42 » Dec 15th, '08, 13:52

That's.. :(

Obviously there should be some way to find those manufacterer and punish them (or even a seller)

I know that life belongs to one body that's responsible for everything.

But we don't want to pollute our kids with 'a beverage of longevity' or do we? :(
chrl42

Postby Goose » Dec 15th, '08, 15:21

YUCK!

Stepping towards the sheng pile........
Goose

Postby omegapd » Dec 15th, '08, 15:32

The sticks look like they came out of that Mongolian brick I reviewed here in the puerhshop reviews section. Luckily, (unluckily ?) I didn't find the rest of that stuff in there but did find a strand of dental floss type string.

I had one shu loaded down with small flying ant like bugs.

Shu is still my favorite Pu-erh to drink, though, so it can't be all that bad. :wink:

EW
omegapd

Postby shogun89 » Dec 15th, '08, 16:19

Hair is the most I got before. Though, when preparing for a black, I poured water in my tetsubin to preheat it, put the lid on came back a minute later and there was an AWFUL smell. When i was pouring out the water a 2 inch long cricket came out, obviously cooked quite well. Took a good 10 rinses of boiling water to rid the smell and the tea tasted strange that night. So when you find insects, do not brew them!
shogun89

Postby gingkoseto » Dec 15th, '08, 17:36

The photo is well taken! It almost looks pretty :P

I got hair in my pu too, a few pieces from time to time. But most of the time, I drink shu puerh loose tea, made in the non-traditional, cleaner way :P Well, traditional way shouldn't be dirty though. Actually I can understand if there are a few bugs in the tea. In Yunnan, bugs are just unavoidable, and I will assume sun-dried insects are not dirty :P But rocks, hairs, glue! Why should they get into the tea!
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby pb2q » Dec 15th, '08, 18:51

I have an '90 brick with a piece of plastic sticking out! It looks like a bit of a clear plastic bag. I don't plan on brewing the plastic.

It's a 'Menghai area' brick with unsorted leaves. It seems like a 'leftovers' brick.

I took a picture earlier today: I'll try to get the image posted later.
pb2q

Postby TIM » Dec 15th, '08, 19:42

pb2q wrote:I have an '90 brick with a piece of plastic sticking out! It looks like a bit of a clear plastic bag. I don't plan on brewing the plastic.

It's a 'Menghai area' brick with unsorted leaves. It seems like a 'leftovers' brick.

I took a picture earlier today: I'll try to get the image posted later.

Thanks everyone. I know that we had touched on this subject before... but will it be useful to have an archive or photos to send back to the vendors for a free cake in return?

I have had what not in my pu before... but a leg!!! That's my first : (
TIM
Vendor Member

Instant Messenger

Permissions