Display Teas in Tea Rooms

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Display Teas in Tea Rooms

Postby Parelle » Mar 16th, '06, 10:43

My cousin is looking to open a wine bar, but under the influence of my mother waxing eloquent about the Jasmine bloom, she's looking to add display teas to her menu.

Any advice you could all give? Yes, this is intended to be a wine bar, rather than a tea bar, but the more advice the merrier! I suspect she'll be needing nice glassware for tea (teapots and cups) - but what sizes should suit? Any recommendations on who to buy it from?

And, lastly, I know that Adagio does have a wholesale division, and have passed on the website and email address... but does this extend to Singapore?

Thanks, everyone!
Parelle

Postby yresim » Mar 17th, '06, 02:16

According to holymtn.com, a 12-oz wine glass will show most display teas at their best.

~Yresim~
yresim

Postby Madam Potts » Mar 20th, '06, 11:18

that's a great idea~using a wine glass.

you can find some very large bulbous red wine glasses which will give the display tea room to bloom!
Madam Potts

Postby Parelle » Mar 20th, '06, 15:02

What fantastic ideas. Thanks!
Parelle

Postby klemptor » Mar 21st, '06, 12:10

My two cents: the only thing you'd need to be concerned about, as far as I can see, is making sure that the wine glasses are made of tempered glass. You don't want them cracking when you pour boiling water in them!

Nice tempered wine glasses may be hard to find.

And I totally agree with Mad Pots - I think red wine glasses would be best suited to the display teas.

Good luck!
klemptor

Postby JamesBeach » Jun 27th, '06, 20:33

High quality wine glasses are made of crystal, not glass. I don't think they suffer from the same uneven expansion problems of untempered glass, but don't take my word for it.
JamesBeach

Instant Messenger

Permissions