Golden Moon Pu-Erh tea (opinions?)

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 27th, '08, 01:12

Golden Moon Pu-Erh tea (opinions?)

by AlexTheGreat » Dec 27th, '08, 01:12

Has anybody here tried Golden Moon Pu-Erh tea?

Here's a link to this site it's on: (Mod edit:link deleted per forum rules)

I just heard of this type of tea after browsing the Golden Moon website. I had never heard of Pu-Erh before, and I am wanting to try it out.

If you've tried it before, can you let me know what you thought of it?
Thanks.

Dec 27th, '08, 07:46

by AlexTheGreat » Dec 27th, '08, 07:46

TomVerlain wrote:I just looked at the guys other posts.

Spammer ...

Sorry I wasted my time with a reasoned reply.

die golden moon, die....
Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm not a spammer. Links in general are apparently not allowed on this site. I put links up to the Golden Moon website.

Dec 27th, '08, 08:31

by tony shlongini » Dec 27th, '08, 08:31

AlexTheGreat wrote:Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm not a spammer. Links in general are apparently not allowed on this site. I put links up to the Golden Moon website.
If you have to answer a question as to whether or not you're a spammer..... :roll:

Let's see, three posts in three different forums, all linking to the same specific site.

Well, you convinced me. :lol:

Dec 27th, '08, 09:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 27th, '08, 09:15

AlexTheGreat wrote:
TomVerlain wrote:I just looked at the guys other posts.

Spammer ...

Sorry I wasted my time with a reasoned reply.

die golden moon, die....
Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm not a spammer. Links in general are apparently not allowed on this site. I put links up to the Golden Moon website.
Links are permitted, but not permitted by new members who have a tendency to be spammers.
Not that you are, or are not a spammer, but your 3 initial GM posts have sent up a red flag to members who are generally a friendly crowd.

Dec 27th, '08, 11:28

by thanks » Dec 27th, '08, 11:28

TomVerlain wrote:hi

I search for golden moon and found what looks like the website. I have never tried this brand. Alot of folks here like to know exactly which mountain the tea is from, what year and season it was harvested, and how it was aged and packaged.

For the price, I think you could do alot better.

Of course, since I have not tried it, I may be completely wrong. I just personally would rather spend the same amount of money (lets say the $12.95 for 2.5 oz + $4.95 shipping) on well known brands with well known provenance.

read the sticky at the top of the forum, and browse reviews.

For instant gratification, I would order this:

http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... cts_id=617

which I have not tried, but it is the kind of thing I would try.

have fun
Hey Tom I just remembered I have had a bag of this for a while now and totally forgot about it! It's decent enough, but being pretty much gong ting grade makes it a super finicky brew for shu. On it's best days it's pretty decent shu, on it's worst an undrinkable cup of nastiness. Not really worth the price IMHO.

+ Post Reply