Happy Pu Year!!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 1st, '09, 00:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Happy Pu Year!!

by Drax » Jan 1st, '09, 00:01

Oh, somebody had to say it, right...? :D

Jan 1st, '09, 00:20

by Salsero » Jan 1st, '09, 00:20

Perfect timing, Drax! Same to you and the rest of our tea buddies.

Jan 1st, '09, 00:32

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 1st, '09, 00:32

Happy Pu Year to Everyone!

I already took the liberty of placing my first order of the new year with scott, all pu except for a 100g bag of the big red robe and the tea table I wanted :)

Jan 1st, '09, 00:41

by Goose » Jan 1st, '09, 00:41

Happy new year Gents!
Jim

Jan 1st, '09, 00:45

by Salsero » Jan 1st, '09, 00:45

PolyhymnianMuse wrote: I already took the liberty of placing my first order of the new year with scott, all pu except for a 100g bag of the big red robe and the tea table I wanted
A bold move: surely a harbinger of a great new year of pu!

Jan 1st, '09, 01:11

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 1st, '09, 01:11

Salsero wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote: I already took the liberty of placing my first order of the new year with scott, all pu except for a 100g bag of the big red robe and the tea table I wanted
A bold move: surely a harbinger of a great new year of pu!
I have a feeling this is going to be a good year in general, but for tea for sure. I had said the same thing to Scott and he said if Yunnan has a relatively dry month of May, it should be an amazing year :)

Jan 1st, '09, 01:21

by thanks » Jan 1st, '09, 01:21

I've heard nothing but encouraging news about tea in 09. Happy pu year indeed!

One of my new years resolutions (besides quitting smoking, which has been one for four years now haha :lol:) is to drink new teas. Teas that I'm not familiar with. I'm going to relax on pu in 09.

Jan 1st, '09, 02:10

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 1st, '09, 02:10

thanks wrote:I've heard nothing but encouraging news about tea in 09. Happy pu year indeed!

One of my new years resolutions (besides quitting smoking, which has been one for four years now haha :lol:) is to drink new teas. Teas that I'm not familiar with. I'm going to relax on pu in 09.
Although there are quite a many oolongs I want to try from different places, I'm probably going to be going hardcore into pu this year, building up a nice collection of cakes for ageing. :)

Also aged pu is an interest, I'll be trying out some samples from a few places over the year of some of the good aged stuff I can find (and afford) :wink:

Also, I hope to start my blog sometime in early 09. It's going to be a lot of pu, but pretty much anything that I feel like reviewing. I'm going to be doing basic reviews of the teas and teaware that I try out, but I want to take it in the direction of a sort of podcast... doing video reiews since my new laptop has a built in webcam. I will probably end up rambling on about things in my videos but I want to just show the tea, brew up an infusion or two and say a few words about taste, aroma, if I would buy it again, etc.

So much to do... :arrow:

Jan 1st, '09, 08:12

by tony shlongini » Jan 1st, '09, 08:12

I hope to post here again next year.

Happy New Year, guys.

Jan 1st, '09, 11:17

by shogun89 » Jan 1st, '09, 11:17

Yes, happy pu year to all. I cant wait to start seeing those new 2009 cakes start coming in. No pu buying for me until summer though as I am saving up summer spending money. No money spent until summer. But by then I'll have a thousand or so, so a hundred towards pu wont make a large dent.

Jan 1st, '09, 11:53

by Drax » Jan 1st, '09, 11:53

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Happy Pu Year to Everyone!

I already took the liberty of placing my first order of the new year with scott, all pu except for a 100g bag of the big red robe and the tea table I wanted :)
You know what that means. . . Scott will put up a bunch of new items for sale now. :D

Meanwhile, the whole 'red robe' thing plus New Years reminds me of a tradition (or superstition?) of wearing red undergarments for New Years (well, the Chinese New Year). I was never clear if it was for tradition, for good luck, or for warding off bad luck! I wonder if drinking a Big Red Robe would be close...? :D

Jan 1st, '09, 12:03

by puerhking » Jan 1st, '09, 12:03

May all of your pu dreams come true! Unless it interferes with mine. :P

Jan 1st, '09, 12:30

by Victoria » Jan 1st, '09, 12:30

Happy Pu Year Everyone!
I'm looking forward to venturing more
into the world of pu this new year.
:)

Jan 1st, '09, 13:12

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 1st, '09, 13:12

Drax wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Happy Pu Year to Everyone!

You know what that means. . . Scott will put up a bunch of new items for sale now. :D

Meanwhile, the whole 'red robe' thing plus New Years reminds me of a tradition (or superstition?) of wearing red undergarments for New Years (well, the Chinese New Year). I was never clear if it was for tradition, for good luck, or for warding off bad luck! I wonder if drinking a Big Red Robe would be close...? :D

Haha I had heard about the red undergarments tradition for New Years. I also learned last night that when the new year finally comes, when everyone yells and goes crazy, thats actually a old tradition to scare the bad spirits and energy away :)

Jan 2nd, '09, 21:27

by JAS-eTea Guy » Jan 2nd, '09, 21:27

Happy Pu year indeed!
May this be the best year yet for everyone!!!

+ Post Reply