Looking for making fruit teas -cold-

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Mar 5th, '06, 11:26

Looking for making fruit teas -cold-

by Luc » Mar 5th, '06, 11:26

:?: I am looking to make some cold fruit teas for the season and want to keep them in a bottle for later.
How long can I keep them?
What is the best way to make the fruit teas?
Do you have some good combinations between tea and fruit?
Thanks a lot :lol:

Mar 5th, '06, 16:23

by garden gal » Mar 5th, '06, 16:23

Don't know how much later you mean but I canned strawberries once (long story involving frozen strawberries from a train wreck- anyway), they lost their coloring but the flavor was good. I used them for fruit roll-ups- I made them for almost 2yrs before I ran out. If you were talking about keeping the tea for a long time you would have to either freeze or can it.
If the situation is wanting to use fruit while in season- I would be more inclined to use an excaliper (or any good dehydrator), dry the fruit, then make tea later with it as you are drinking it. It would take up much less room, less hassle in the kitchen and I noticed that most of the herbals from adagio seem to be just high quality dried combinations. I have used the herbals with a 1:1 ratio with teas.

Mar 7th, '06, 15:07

by Luc » Mar 7th, '06, 15:07

Thqnks this zill help

Mar 7th, '06, 15:07

by Luc » Mar 7th, '06, 15:07

Thanks this will help

Mar 20th, '06, 10:14

by Madam Potts » Mar 20th, '06, 10:14

it sounds as if you're looking to make an iced tea (or iced tisane)...but whatever ingredients you're talking about, I would make them when you need them. they will be fresher and taste better. homemade iced teas should be kept a week, 2 weeks tops.

Here's the quickest iced tea recipe ever.

Fill a large container with ice. preferably something with a sealable top like a martini shaker or tupperware...

brew you tea (to about 150degrees. it only needs to be hot enough to steep the fruit/tea.

pour tea over (add honey or sweetener if desired)

Shake 10-15 times

pour into botle or glass and enjoy!
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

Mar 22nd, '06, 15:56

by Luc » Mar 22nd, '06, 15:56

thanks a lot

+ Post Reply