What tea is the most healthiest?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

What tea is the most healthiest?

Postby Cooter » Mar 25th, '06, 18:41

I htink i'm gonna git off coffee and drink me some team. WHat is the healthiest of all the teas.
Cooter

Postby TeaFanatic » Mar 25th, '06, 18:50

All teas are really healthy for you and all of them have similar antioxidant levels. White tea has the highest (only by a tiny margin) due to the fact that it is unfermented. Green tea would be next, then black. All are very close though, so drink anything that you like.
TeaFanatic

Postby yresim » Mar 25th, '06, 20:04

If you are used to coffee, you might want to start with a black tea, since it will be closest to what you are used to. Assam or Yunnan Gold should both produce a good, strong flavor.

The order of flavor strength in tea goes something like black -> oolong -> green -> white. However, there is a lot of variation in there, so some greens might be stronger than some oolongs.

Or you could just try several different types of tea, and look for a flavor you like that is not neccessarily anything like coffee. Basically, rather than finding a substitute for coffee, you would be finding another flavor you like. Green teas tend to be more vegetal, while black teas tend to be more malty. White teas are the most subtle. If you like jasmine, jasmine teas (listed on Adagio's site under oolong) can be quite tasty.

It also seems like a lot of former coffee drinkers prefer flavored teas to the plain ones, at least at first.

Hope that helps.

~Yresim~
yresim

Postby Cooter » Mar 26th, '06, 02:22

Thanks yall this Yunan Gold sounds interesting
Cooter

Postby klemptor » Mar 27th, '06, 10:42

Yunnan Gold is one of my favorites.
klemptor

rooibos health benefits

Postby Word4word » Mar 28th, '06, 10:47

How does rooibos compare with white, green and black tea as far as health benefits?
Word4word

Postby klemptor » Mar 28th, '06, 10:51

You can find all of the information about the health benefits of tea here. Specific information about rooibos can be found here.

Hope this helps!
klemptor

Postby Word4word » Mar 28th, '06, 11:01

Thanks! It looks like I should have discovered rooibos before my recent spinal fusion surgery for arthritis!
Word4word

Instant Messenger

Permissions