Zodiac Series

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Dec 11th, '08, 14:14

by Figgy » Dec 11th, '08, 14:14

I tried my sample of Capricorn Tea ~ I was never one for flavored anything, but I am pleasantly surprised by this one~ I really like it! It's a great midday tea and helps with those chocolate cravings...

It has been added to my wishlist :)

Dec 11th, '08, 16:15

by Cofftea » Dec 11th, '08, 16:15

jazz88 wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:...Wasn't my favorite but I don't like waste so I combined it with the mango tea I had previously purchased from Adagio and the result was surprisingly good! Even my husband (a Sagittarius) who rarely notices what he is drinking liked it.
Mango and chocolate? I don't think I've ever heard of that combo in anything before. But then again I don't like mango.

Dec 11th, '08, 17:24

by chamekke » Dec 11th, '08, 17:24

Can anyone point me to the location on the Adagio site where it's possible to order a sample tin? (I've been an Adagio customer since this summer; it's not that I'm not a customer yet.)

I looked on the Adagio homepage, on the Zodiac series homepage, and everywhere else I can think of... but, no luck. It seems my only visible choice is to buy a 4 oz. tin.

Has the offer of a sample tin expired? Can anyone tell me?

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Dec 11th, '08, 17:31

by Pentox » Dec 11th, '08, 17:31

chamekke wrote:Can anyone point me to the location on the Adagio site where it's possible to order a sample tin? (I've been an Adagio customer since this summer; it's not that I'm not a customer yet.)

I looked on the Adagio homepage, on the Zodiac series homepage, and everywhere else I can think of... but, no luck. It seems my only visible choice is to buy a 4 oz. tin.

Has the offer of a sample tin expired? Can anyone tell me?
I believe that samples of the zodiacs are a special case. I think they were sending out samples of them like they did with Birthday.

Dec 11th, '08, 17:35

by chamekke » Dec 11th, '08, 17:35

Come to think of it, I did receive an unsolicited sample some time ago, but it was the Pisces blend - i.e. rooibos. Adagio's generosity was much appreciated, but unfortunately I'm not very keen on rooibos. Now I'm trying to find a Piscean who likes rooibos to give it to :lol:

The Adagio site really needs a spot for customers to (optionally) enter their birthday. Then they could ensure that they send out a sample of the appropriate blend, unless otherwise requested. Wouldn't that be great!

Dec 11th, '08, 18:04

by Pentox » Dec 11th, '08, 18:04

chamekke wrote: The Adagio site really needs a spot for customers to (optionally) enter their birthday. Then they could ensure that they send out a sample of the appropriate blend, unless otherwise requested. Wouldn't that be great!
I thought there is.

Dec 11th, '08, 18:08

by chamekke » Dec 11th, '08, 18:08

Pentox wrote:
chamekke wrote: The Adagio site really needs a spot for customers to (optionally) enter their birthday. Then they could ensure that they send out a sample of the appropriate blend, unless otherwise requested. Wouldn't that be great!
I thought there is.
I thought so, too, but couldn't find it on any of my account or profile pages.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Dec 11th, '08, 18:47

by jazz88 » Dec 11th, '08, 18:47

@Figgy – glad you liked it :)
@ Cofftea – I have changed the Sagittarius Blend 3 times to get it right. If you like Earl Grey you will like this blend if not you probably should try something else.

chamekke – I think it was a limited time offer but I can be wrong.

And finally I thought i would share that it's funny that some signs are way more active buyers than the others. For example, Gemini, Taurus and Scorpio are very active while Aries – not so much :)

Dec 12th, '08, 07:43

by Bob M. » Dec 12th, '08, 07:43

jazz88 wrote:And finally I thought i would share that it's funny that some signs are way more active buyers than the others. For example, Gemini, Taurus and Scorpio are very active while Aries – not so much :)
Deservedly so with the Gemini, Jazz, which I just reordered, even though I'm a Taurus! :) I hope there are enough sales to keep it around for a long time, and as others have said, I wish larger quantities were available!

Bob

Jan 6th, '09, 22:03

by JillClary » Jan 6th, '09, 22:03

These look nice and I thank you for the free sample. Only one question. When I received my sample of Aries, it didn't come with information on how to prepare it. I looked around the main site and didn't see any information on that or in this forum. The little tin it comes in, just says the name of the tea on it.

Does anyone know what the water temperature and seeping time should be for these nice Zodiac teas? The sample is small, so I don't want to waste it all, trying different times and temperatures.

Jan 7th, '09, 11:36

by jazz88 » Jan 7th, '09, 11:36

I don't feel like the most qualified person to give you advice on this but Aries is 70% Irish Breakfast which you would brew using boiling water (212F) and steeping for 5 min. Also there's a long discussion on preparing chai under "flavored tea".
I know that a lot of people would enjoy adding milk or cream to this but I think that's completely personal.
If somebody could offer a better advice that would be greatly appreciated.
Also one of the people who tried Aries Blend thought that adding some mint would be an improvement. If you feel the same way please let me know.

Jan 7th, '09, 20:05

by kymidwife » Jan 7th, '09, 20:05

Lack of recommended brewing parameters is a shortcoming of the Signature Blend program... and the fact that there is not even an ingredients list on the label... requiring that you look up the ingredients list online and then make an educated guess about brewing. I know additional labeling would probably add to the expense of the process, but I do wish there was a small rear label with brewing advice.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jan 10th, '09, 14:16

Bravo! Inguna :)

by boywoodhe » Jan 10th, '09, 14:16

I just love the zodaic blends esp virgo, cancer and gemini.
These blends put me in a good mood even with all my health problems.
When I have really bad days..I just drink a zodiac blend and it's funny..my problems are history.lol
I want to thank Inguna for doing a fantasic job on the blends.(very impressive)
Also thanks to my tea friends for the tea gifts.;) (you know who you are) :lol:

yours in tea
woodie

Jan 12th, '09, 15:05

by Maeglin » Jan 12th, '09, 15:05

The promo was a great idea. I placed my first order with Adagio near the end of last week, and an Aries blend sampler was included. Sipping a cup of that now and loving it.

Jan 13th, '09, 01:06

why? the different cancer?

by boywoodhe » Jan 13th, '09, 01:06

Inguna
Why did you change the cancer zodiac series tea? That was my very favorite zodiac blend. I love the white pear but the rooibos in the fox trot was ok,but the blend was incredible. :D I hope you make a blend close to the old cancer...Please.lol
I was getting ready to buy a tin of cancer but when i saw the new version, I changed my mine. :(
your in tea
woodie

+ Post Reply