Benshan "green" clay teapot and tea pairing

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Postby edkrueger » Jan 11th, '09, 00:40

Young sheng would be a good choice, I think. It might take the edge off of some of the bitterness of some shengs.
edkrueger

Postby Wesli » Jan 11th, '09, 01:16

What kinds of teas do you drink?

I suggest you try it with all of them and pick whatever it brews best. If you're afraid of mixing teas in this way, then just be sure to rinse it out after each tea.
Wesli

Postby edkrueger » Jan 11th, '09, 01:22

Yeah, that is better advise. I'd boil the pot to remove flavors from it if you decide to change "its" tea.
edkrueger

Postby odarwin » Jan 11th, '09, 02:41

im not much of a tea pairing guy for yi xing and tea, but i do have one of those pots with so called ben shan lu ni... and i can say that they stain very easily.

in my opinion, stick to light colored teas with this yi xing. my opinion is just on the aesthetics, and nothing to do with any flavor and all that.

-darwin
odarwin

Postby Drax » Jan 11th, '09, 09:13

odarwin wrote:in my opinion, stick to light colored teas with this yi xing. my opinion is just on the aesthetics, and nothing to do with any flavor and all that.
-darwin

It's true, I have one of these types of pots, and they do stain very easily. But as another side to that statement, I've probably brewed shu in the pot 15-20 times, and it already has a well-used stained look to it (w/o the use of shoe polish! :mrgreen:).

As an aside, these pots are actually much more brown in person than green. And there's an old thread around here somewhere where it discusses that these are probably not ben shan clay (I got mine from the same vendor).
Drax

Instant Messenger

Permissions