Heavy Roasted TGY

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Postby chrl42 » Jan 13th, '09, 17:23

wyardley wrote:Elegant Queen (醉貴妃 (zuì guì fēi in Hanyu pinyin), which more literally refers to a concubine)

HOW?
internet dictionary points,

醉 zuì : intoxicated


To a notorious concubine who played a major role in falling of Tang dynasty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guifei

:roll:

User avatar chrl42
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mar 22, '08
Location: Beijing
Contact chrl42:

Postby wyardley » Jan 13th, '09, 20:02

TIM wrote:so what is traditional/classic roast/fire TGY? Anyone....


Right. I mean it's not a very useful description (more of a marketing kind of thing), because it means a lot of different things depending on who you're talking to and what their "tradition" is. I don't read too much into it... for me, the most useful thing is tasting the tea, and second, seeing a picture of the dry leaves, steeped leaves, and tea liquor, preferably with reasonable lighting.

To me, it's just a general clue that the tea has some amount more roasting and / or oxidation than the greener oolongs that are more popular in a lot of places now, but beyond that, it's too general a description to really tell you much. Knowing where the seller is from might give you a little bit of a clue.

BTW, where is the one you posted a picture of from?

User avatar wyardley
Posts: 2065
Joined: Jan 11, '07
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Proinsias » Jan 13th, '09, 20:05

Yeah, I always took tradition roast/fire to mean little more than 'not very green'.

Proinsias
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mar 19, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: On the couch
Contact Proinsias:

Postby wyardley » Jan 13th, '09, 20:26

Proinsias wrote:Yeah, I always took tradition roast/fire to mean little more than 'not very green'.


As I've learned from experience, though, some other people's ideas of "not very green" are very different from mine. :>

User avatar wyardley
Posts: 2065
Joined: Jan 11, '07
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Bubba_tea » Jan 13th, '09, 22:22

TIM wrote:More like a Hong Kong Classic. Electric roasted. 1 day process:


Sounds like the cheap tea I bought at the Chinese TNT supermarket up in Vancouver - all taste like salt tea.

User avatar Bubba_tea
Posts: 355
Joined: Jul 30, '08
Location: Springfield, MO

Postby TIM » Jan 13th, '09, 22:29

Bubba_tea wrote:
TIM wrote:More like a Hong Kong Classic. Electric roasted. 1 day process:


Sounds like the cheap tea I bought at the Chinese TNT supermarket up in Vancouver - all taste like salt tea.


I guess you just had some really bad experience in a low end supermarket :lol:

This one is actually a classic TGY from Hong Kong I've been using to practice Real Kung Fu tea recently. Quite enjoyable in my 2 cents.

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Postby Bubba_tea » Jan 13th, '09, 22:49

chrl42 wrote:To a notorious concubine who played a major role in falling of Tang dynasty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guifei

:roll:


One of the four beauties... Anyone interested in the Xi Shi yi xing pots - here's the beauty it's supposedly modeled after..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tu_dai_My_nhan_TQ-Four_Great_Chinese_Beauties.jpg

User avatar Bubba_tea
Posts: 355
Joined: Jul 30, '08
Location: Springfield, MO

Postby Herb_Master » Jan 14th, '09, 06:26

Bubba_tea wrote:
chrl42 wrote:To a notorious concubine who played a major role in falling of Tang dynasty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guifei

:roll:


One of the four beauties... Anyone interested in the Xi Shi yi xing pots - here's the beauty it's supposedly modeled after..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tu_dai_My_nhan_TQ-Four_Great_Chinese_Beauties.jpg


I bought the 4 Chinese Beauties AND the 12 Emperors on ebay when they arrived one of the emperors was broken :( It looked like Customs had been rough in handling it and not repackaged very well, then it had been left lying around in the rain.

Tried seasoning the pots and was shocked with the colour coming off so contacted the vendor

Oh no, Emperors and Beauties only for display do not use, heavily lacquered

User avatar Herb_Master
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 04, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Stockport, England
Contact Herb_Master:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests