Custom Creations

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Custom Creations

Postby divinemercy » Apr 1st, '06, 23:54

1. I remember reading on one of the posts in this section that someone wanted to buy the indivigual ingredients you use in your teas... As you said, that would be pretty impossible in a practicle sense..

But I had an idea tonight: What if you offered custom tea blends? They would obviously be more expensive, but im sure people would pay to have their own blends made. And if you come across a blend that someone is requesting that is particularly good, you could add it to your site!

I know that it would be harder for you guys, but i was just thinking that it would be a good option for those willing to pay for it.

2. I've noticed nowadays that you can get most anything personalized. From m-n-ms that have your name on them, to official US stamps with your picture.... I was thinking that it would be neat to have personalized tea too! You could print messages on tea tins, etc, for people to give as gifts etc. It would also be neat for wedding favors and things. Wouldn't it be cool to go to a party, and get a basket with the hosts personal blend of tea (see above) and your name right on the tin!?!? Now THAT would be cool.

Anyways, just thoughts lol.

-Ryan
divinemercy

Postby ilya » Apr 2nd, '06, 01:10

Actually, we did have custom flavors on the site for about 1 year. It proved to be a bit cumbersome and we removed it a few months ago. As for the wedding favors, we still have that option available in the gifts section of the website.

-Ilya
ilya
Site Admin

Postby divinemercy » Apr 2nd, '06, 11:11

Oops! Ha, sorry about that. I guess i should have done my research before opening my mouth. Lol...

:oops:

-Ryan
divinemercy

Postby klemptor » Apr 3rd, '06, 10:54

Aww, does this mean you guys really aren't planning to reinstate it?

(Imagine a soulful pout, pleading with you.)
klemptor

Postby Ziggy » Apr 8th, '06, 15:25

I really wish you would bring it back. my mom used to get me tea for my birthday and christmas and yesterday we just ran out of my favorite blend.

Adds own soulful pout.
Ziggy

Postby Madam Potts » Apr 9th, '06, 23:27

I actually make custom blends for people so if you are interested send me an email: madpotsoftea@aol.com and I'll give you more info on how that process works.
Madam Potts

Postby TeaFanatic » Apr 10th, '06, 00:27

I'm not a big fan of flavored tea, but I do think it would be cool if adagio offered tea mixes ( mixing two greens or blacks together, or something like that). Also many tea shops have custom mixes of green, white, black, etc...I think it would be cool if adagio came up with their own house blend...that would be sweet.
TeaFanatic

Postby divinemercy » Apr 10th, '06, 08:08

Out of curiosity, how would you steep a good cup of tea for the proper amount of time if you have somthing like a black and white tea mix? Their steeping times are pretty different, so if you mixed them, how would you get it rigt?
divinemercy

Postby TeaFanatic » Apr 10th, '06, 09:12

You would most likely just do the steep for the lowest temperature and lowest time frame for the blend of teas. That would also allow for a multitude of different tastes, which would be cool.
TeaFanatic

Postby klemptor » Apr 10th, '06, 09:14

As I understand it, you brew according to the most delicate tea in the mix. If you mix a black and a green, you brew according to the brewing directions for the green.

That said, when I drink Indigo Tea Company's Indigo Blend, I brew it with boiling water for 3.5 minutes (as their packaging dictates) and it's fine that way. I'm always afraid to brew a black at less than 212° because the full flavor won't be released.
klemptor

Postby rhpot1991 » Apr 17th, '06, 09:31

I drink Stash's Green and White fusion and I steep it as if it was a green tea, as the instructions say. I have also made iced tea with a mixture of green and black teas, making it as if it was green tea also.
rhpot1991

Instant Messenger

Permissions