Looking to Join the Tea Industry

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Looking to Join the Tea Industry

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:29

Hi my name is Andrew and I have been marketing different wine brands for the past few years. I have become a true tea lover and would like to market teas as well. As I am learning more and more about this incredible beverage, I am curious about the hot new varieties, trends, types, etc. Preferably, I would like to find brands/types that have not yet hit the mainstream. I was also interested in learning more about the tea trading and commodities end of the business. How is tea bought and sold and distributed? Any ideas or trading/importing companies I should contact?

Any help you could give would be great!!

Andrew Rappaport
teachat
Site Admin

Andrew--

Look no further! You've found that brand that has yet to hit the mainstream (tea's best kept secret), Adagio Teas!

Please visit our newsletters for all kinds of tea information written by the best in the industry:

http://www.teamuse.com

and

http://www.teasmart.com

Looking forward,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

Tea Magazine

There's a new magazine out called TeaTime that's beautiful and has the most wonderful recipes in it. Found it at Books-A-Million, but I've also seen it at Barnes & Noble and the grocery store.

The current issue has a story about an author who writes mystery novels that are set in a tea room; the owner has a dog named Earl Grey. The reader can find a lot of reference information about teas in addition to the who-done-it story.

Check out the magazine...and try the recipe for chicken salad, lemon tea bread and a great poppy seed cake.

Kathie Martin
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:30

Thanks for the post.

Free advertising is great, isn't it?

As long as it's tea,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

what does a tea lover do for a job.

Well, I've heard to be a good tea taster you need to devote 7 years of your life to gain the prerequisite skill. Does years knocking the stuff back count towards this?
Really, I am looking for some sound advice. I am currently reading William H. Uckers tome "All about Tea". I want to continue to enhance my knowledge of tea (especially Chinese tea)
I am moving to Beijing for a year. I wondered if anyone has any clever ideas as to what jobs a totally inexperienced but enthusiastic body can do to enhance their knowlegde of tea. What companies could I contact?

Thanks for any bright ideas!

jobs
teachat
Site Admin

Dear Andrew

I work for a company in the South African tea industry .Depending on which countries and tea types you are interested in I might be able to give you a couple of pointers.

Regards
Delnina
teachat
Site Admin

hi
I am viswanath from Hyderabad, India. I feel that my taste buds can easily recognise different tastes and I am also extremely sensitive nose to various smells. I can easily smell any thing even if it is given in the minute form. I am interested to join as tea taster. In case of any opportunities pl mail me to above ID

My postal addresss is

Plot No.32
SBH Colony
Trimulgherry
Secunderabad - 500 015
Andhra Pradesh
India
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:31

Good-day

am a young person from south africa and am interested in the tea industry especially in the southern african (SADC) regions. i have a supplier and the finance but lack market knowledge to continue. if you can: i am looking for packaging equipment ie teabags and the sort.

if you can help, i will be very gratefull

thanking you

Zaakir

tel: +27829393857
email: thokan@mweb.co.za
teachat
Site Admin

Tea bag processing

I am a small Natural Health Clinic that is looking to have an herbal tea processed into tea bag. I only want to do small amounts at first
(25 - 50 lbs ). Can anyone suggest a company that can provide that service?

Dr. Joseph Monticello
teachat
Site Admin

I have seen you messages, we are suppliers of single estate teas from Ceylon, if of interest, please email me and i can then send you a quotation and samples. Rgds -

Kenneth
teachat
Site Admin

hi,
I am sourav a post graduate in tea science & technology from a reputed agriculture univ.I have undergone rigorous training in tea tasting Marketing in TATA TEA LTD. and tea plantation & manufacturing in a reputed tea estate in dooars.

looking forward for a suitable placement. any info are cordially wellcome.

sourav halder
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:32

dear sir
i apply for any post relatrd with tea industry. currenly i work for the godfrey Philips India ltd. as packing unit in india(kolkata).i also have a proficiency in computer , sitting final year PGD in Tea Management from Birla institute of futuristic studies in Kolkata.

wiil be very pleased and proued if i got a chance to work with ur company. thanks once again.
Targeted area: tea industry etc
Saurabh kr. Pathak
(033)09831321154
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:32

hi, i am a General manager in a Tea company located in Assam,India. i am looking for a job ,to my liking n fulfillment ,outside india as i think i can have better options elsewhere in the Tea industry. i have a relatively good knowledge and the feel of my job and have been excellent throughout. If someone can help me out on this, kindly mail me on my email address : scg21@hotmail.com

jagdeep singh kanwar
teachat
Site Admin

tea supply

Postby viettea » Aug 11th, '05, 09:52

Dear Andrew,
My name is Hien Nguyen. I share a similar interest as your. I think Vietnamese tea is something this country has not recognize. I'm considering import Vietnamese tea into the US and supply to stores.
VietNam has a strong history of tea and produce variety of tea with highest quality and sell at low prices. Large number of coffee use in the world are now come from VietNam, I think it is time people know about Vietnamese tea. I'm looking for customers as tea companies and tea stores in this country. I have connection with tea producers in VietNam. I can get white tea, green tea, sencha green tea, black tea, oolong tea, and vietnamese tea that noone know yet at a very low prices. Email me if you are interested: vuong_chan_nhan@yahoo.com
viettea

Instant Messenger

Permissions