POS Software

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

POS Software

Postby AKTea » Jan 13th, '09, 19:05

I wonder if any Tea House/Shop owners can tell me what POS Software they're using. I have Quickbooks for my current business (although I really need to switch to a scuba industry specific program) and am wondering if there is anything that is more specific to/better for tea/coffee shops of food service related businesses. Thanks!
AKTea

Postby Pentox » Jan 13th, '09, 19:12

I would actually be curious about that myself as well. Not because I own a business or anything like that, but instead I actually work for a POS Software company.
Pentox

Postby andy825 » Jan 18th, '09, 16:10

We use Keystroke POS in my shop.
andy825

Postby AKTea » Jan 18th, '09, 17:57

Thanks for responding, Andy. How long have you been using Keystroke and how has it been working for you?
AKTea

Postby Pentox » Jan 18th, '09, 18:23

Huh it looks like Keystroke POS doesn't really do any hospitality functionality though. Do you guys do pure retail Andy?

AKTea: I'd look for something that was cross hospitality/retail if you plan on serving tea.

Edit: Just watched the flash walkthrough of their system. That's a terrible looking interface. It has a terrible customer turnaround time. It also looks like you're somewhat forced to use Mercury Payments, which can be good, but it's a lack of choices.
Pentox

Postby andy825 » Jan 18th, '09, 21:10

You are correct in that it is for pure retail only. We do limited tea service, and that was added after the store opened and the system was in place.
After using it for a couple of years, I'm not impressed. I haven't really used anything else extensively, so I can't compare, but Keystroke isn't intuitive at all. If you need to do something other than the functions you use every day you will need the manual, very little chance of figuring it out on your own.
And as Pentox mentioned, its no fun to look at.
andy825

Instant Messenger

Permissions