Creating Signature Blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Creating Signature Blends

Postby Gooner24 » Jan 5th, '09, 20:11

I'm new here but am really interested in creating a blend and I am looking for a little guidance. Are there any guidelines in determining the percentage of each tea to use in the blend?

Gooner24

Postby Alias » Jan 19th, '09, 22:05

There are not any specific guidelines regarding percentages for blending your tea. Its all about what flavor you want to stand out stronger in your blend. Or if you know a specific flavor that ' a little goes a long way' then you use a smaller percentage. The best thing is just go by instinct. Don't blend something you wouldn't drink yourself. Hope that helps1

User avatar Alias

Postby kymidwife » Jan 20th, '09, 23:34

Gooner...

I just bought a bunch of samples from Adagio and played around with flavors. It usually takes me 2 or 3 tries to tweak the proportions. And even then, what tastes good to me may not appeal to someone else. All I can do is hope for the best! Good luck with your blends... I really enjoy that aspect of Adagio so much, and in fact it's what brought me here in the first place. I hope you have fun with it.

Sarah

User avatar kymidwife

Postby Sydney » Jan 21st, '09, 07:44

When I start running low on some tea or other, I wind up blending just to use it.

User avatar Sydney
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Today's Poll

Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests