Twilight Blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Dec 13th, '08, 23:37

Twilight Blends

by kymidwife » Dec 13th, '08, 23:37

OK, I admit it... I'm a freakin Twilight fan. I know the books were written for teenage girls, but I am really enjoying them! I'm midway through the third one now. The movie was ok, not up to the standard of the book... typical for lit-to-film translation.

Anyway, I made a Twilight blend a few weeks ago and apparently I am not the only freakin Twilight fan... it's been really popular:
#1 Freakin Twiliight Fan... a nice blood-red fruity tisane with dewy cherry, wild strawberry, and blood orange.

So, I've been fiddling with some new blends this past week so I could build on the theme. I really like all 3:

**Bella's Lullabye**--Twilight... a decaf blend of blood orange, honeybush vanilla, and decaf peach, to sing yourself to sleep for some sweet dreams of Edward.

**Edward's Thirst**--Twilight... a dark, intoxicatingly aromatic blend of valentines (strawberry and chocolate), almond, and mambo... because her scent drives him crazy.

**Jacob's Tears**--Twilight... a delicious blend of 3 white teas... peony, cucumber, and peach... in case you ever felt a heartbreak that made you howl at the moon.

:lol:

I hope someone enjoys them! I think they'll make some fun holiday gifts.

Sarah

Dec 14th, '08, 09:53

by Riene » Dec 14th, '08, 09:53

How fun, Kymidwife! I'll admit I only read the books to keep up with popular culture, but they aren't bad at all. It would never have occurred to me to think of tea blends!

Your choices certainly sound appropriate!

Dec 14th, '08, 14:31

by omegapd » Dec 14th, '08, 14:31

Which would Rod Serling like or are we talking a different Twilight here? :lol:

Dec 14th, '08, 22:18

by kymidwife » Dec 14th, '08, 22:18

omegapd wrote:Which would Rod Serling like or are we talking a different Twilight here? :lol:
LOL... you are obviously out of the pop-culture loop... or should I say "zone"? :lol:

Synopsis in the most brief detail possible:

Girl moves to new town.
Girl seems amazingly beautiful young man.
Girl gets a major crush on him.
Boy is a vampire who has morally chosen not to feed on humans.
Girl smells like filet mignon to vampire boy, better than anyone in the world.
Boy lusts for girl, wants to bite her but simultaneously falls in love with her, so he finds the strength to resist.
Girl discovers boy is a vampire, but she has the hots for him so she overlooks it.
Boy and girl fall madly in love and can't consummate it because he may lose control in the throes of passion and kill her.
Girl becomes constant target of bad vampires who don't want to resist the urge to bite her... giving a decent amount of action and suspense to balance the love stuff.

And so it goes... I'm on third book now... lots of good smoldering girlie romance with a vampiric twist.

Rod would like them all!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Dec 15th, '08, 02:40

by omegapd » Dec 15th, '08, 02:40

kymidwife wrote: LOL... you are obviously out of the pop-culture loop... or should I say "zone"? :lol:
Good One! And yeah, I'm out of that loop. :lol:

Dec 16th, '08, 02:33

cool idea

by maxxum » Dec 16th, '08, 02:33

great idea!
I hope you sell alot of them.

Jan 7th, '09, 20:15

by kymidwife » Jan 7th, '09, 20:15

I am so absolutely pleased... I got an order from Adagio today, and it contained 3 of my own signature blends. I've sort of sampled all of them because I worked on my blending at home... but, probably due to my own measuring error, the blend called: Twilight - Jacob's Tearscame out quite a bit different than what I'd made at home, and in a good way! I really liked what I blended at home, but the premixed tin I received from Adagio was even more delicious. I don't know what's different, but the proportions are slightly changed to make it not just nice, but exceptional.

The blend is a mix of white peony, white cucumber, and white peach... very soft aroma, very mild flavor with lots of white tea character, and the interesting thing is... the white cucumber/peach combo honestly almost reminds me of the taste of salty tears. I brewed for about 4 minutes in a gaiwan for first infusion, with the gaiwan about 1/3 full of leaf, and it turned out just right for my taste. I thought it was very nice unsweetened and hot, and absolutely stunning with a teaspoon of sugar.

Sarah

Jan 19th, '09, 22:01

edwards thirst

by Alias » Jan 19th, '09, 22:01

I purchased Edwards thirst and I am quite the fan. Thanks!
A. Cordelli

Jan 20th, '09, 23:28

by kymidwife » Jan 20th, '09, 23:28

Thanks! I really love that one too... and I love Jacob's Tears... really delicious and unique... the cucumber is such a striking element.

Thanks for the feedback... I appreciate it!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jan 21st, '09, 02:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 21st, '09, 02:45

My SIL got the blending bug after I showed her yours, she created this:
La Tua Cantante
http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/b ... llTop=2649

Jan 21st, '09, 09:04

by kymidwife » Jan 21st, '09, 09:04

Sounds yummy, and the label is really nice! I have so much fun doing the labels and my skills have improved some. I redid the #1 Freakin Twilight Fan label,and I just love it. Need to order one for myself so I'll have the new label. LOL.

Sarah

Jan 22nd, '09, 12:26

Reply.

by silvermage2000 » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:26

They all sound very good And I like twilight even though I have only read the first book. They all have types of tea and flavors I like except I am not sure about the cucumber in the jacob's tears though.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Jan 29th, '09, 13:14

by rspear » Jan 29th, '09, 13:14

I purchased some of your blends and I too really enjoyed Edward's thirst. It has really good flavor combinations! It also helps I am a big fan of the series and am excited about the next movie! Good luck with your blends! :)
If tea is an addiction then I need a 12 step program...

Jan 29th, '09, 13:18

by rspear » Jan 29th, '09, 13:18

I too enjoyed Edward's thirst a lot and of course it helps I am a fan of the Twilight series! Good luck with the blends! :D

+ Post Reply