Celestial sleepytime tea + kava sugar

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Dec 7th, '08, 01:41

Celestial sleepytime tea + kava sugar

by Ms Kita B » Dec 7th, '08, 01:41

I've been having a little trouble sleeping and decided to try celestial seasonings sleepytime tea. I'm trying it tonight and I add a 2 teaspoons of kava sugar. I'll post the results when I wake up lol Has anyone tried this tea? If so did it help?

Dec 7th, '08, 12:18

by Ms Kita B » Dec 7th, '08, 12:18

Well I'm finally up and would probably still be sleep if I didn't need a potty break! :evil: I fell asleep around 2 am and woke up about 12pm! I can't remember the last time I've gotten 10 hours of sleep. The only down side is that I still feel drowsy which means I will not be able to drink this combination during the week. As for the taste it was ok the kava made my mouth numb as expected but some reason I had a weird burning sensation at the back of my throat after the last sip. It does work but may not be worth the morning after couch lock.
I ♥ TEA!

Dec 7th, '08, 13:06

by omegapd » Dec 7th, '08, 13:06

I've tried the Sleepytime sans Kava. It's mainly a Chamomile blend from what I remember. I like the taste but it's not a sleep aid for me. At least it worked for you, huh? :lol:

Dec 7th, '08, 13:32

by Janine » Dec 7th, '08, 13:32

Personally I'd try it without the kava. I think "Sleepytime" is a good product (it has worked well for me) - why not put two teabags and give it a long steep?

Sometimes I will blend this tea with other blends and add loose herbs as well that work for me like oatstraw, hawthorn berries, extra chamomile, a little lavender, sometimes roses. I personally stay away from kava. Traditional Medicinals has a "Nighty Night" tea which I like as well. There is a "relaxing" blend by them called "Easy Now" that has catnip in it which is also nice for me and is helpful with rest. I add Harney's Yellow and Blue because that tea really agrees with me too.

Dec 8th, '08, 01:34

by Ms Kita B » Dec 8th, '08, 01:34

Thanks Janine for the advice. I was just curious about the combo since kava never really worked for me by itself.

omegapad what do you use as a sleep aid?
I ♥ TEA!

Dec 8th, '08, 01:52

by Sam. » Dec 8th, '08, 01:52

What is "kava sugar"? Do you just mean an infusion of kava with sugar added?

Dec 8th, '08, 06:44

by omegapd » Dec 8th, '08, 06:44

Ms Kita B wrote:
omegapad what do you use as a sleep aid?
Well, I work night shift, so normally I'm trying to keep awake. :wink: On my days off, though, I drink quite a bit of this herbal tea I buy on Ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Susies-General-S ... idZ2QQtZkm

It has the same warm feeling as the Chamomile plus the added benefit of Rooibos for its anti-oxidant properties. If you don't like the taste of a spicy, black licorice, though- stay away! It's very potent in that aroma and taste.

Good stuff!

EW

Jan 22nd, '09, 22:34

by Gu-Ao-Rui » Jan 22nd, '09, 22:34

Never drank kava til coming here to Vanuatu where it's everywhere.

It works a little too well for me. :shock:

Don't know what kava sugar is though, you mean the root powder?

Jan 23rd, '09, 11:08

by silvermage2000 » Jan 23rd, '09, 11:08

I have never heard of or used kava. But I do like sleepy time for me I't doesn't make me fall to sleep just relaxes me. But If you really wan't to fall asleep use sleepytime extra which has valerian in it.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

+ Post Reply