Why was the "Other" forum deleted?

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jan 16th, '09, 22:10

Why was the "Other" forum deleted?

by JasminePearls » Jan 16th, '09, 22:10

There was a lot of information in there.

http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=16

There were several threads I was following.

It's always a sad day when useful information is censored or removed from the net for no good reason.

Jan 16th, '09, 22:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 16th, '09, 22:58

JasminePearls wrote:There was a lot of information in there.

http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=16

There were several threads I was following.

It's always a sad day when useful information is censored or removed from the net for no good reason.
I can assure you that the forum was not censored.

I am hoping it is just a glitch and also hoping the files are retrievable. I contacted the administrator this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jan 17th, '09, 03:45

by Space Samurai » Jan 17th, '09, 03:45

As long as you don't break the rules or try to say *freak*, nothing gets censored here.

Jan 17th, '09, 12:26

by Shelob » Jan 17th, '09, 12:26

Space Samurai wrote:As long as you don't break the rules or try to say f**k, nothing gets censored here.
+1
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

Jan 25th, '09, 09:34

by JasminePearls » Jan 25th, '09, 09:34

Chip wrote:I am hoping it is just a glitch and also hoping the files are retrievable. I contacted the administrator this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
So was it a glitch, or is it gone for good?

It's been over a week.

Jan 26th, '09, 00:48

by Chip » Jan 26th, '09, 00:48

The problem has been reported and is being worked on.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 26th, '09, 09:27

by Tea Noob » Jan 26th, '09, 09:27

Shelob wrote:
Space Samurai wrote:As long as you don't break the rules or try to say f**k, nothing gets censored here.
+1
I have had a different experience in my short time here. Making forum suggestions will get your post pulled. Maybe that violated the rules.

Jan 26th, '09, 09:37

by Shelob » Jan 26th, '09, 09:37

Tea Noob wrote: I have had a different experience in my short time here. Making forum suggestions will get your post pulled. Maybe that violated the rules.
??? I am not sure what you are talking about, but did you talk to Chip, the moderator as to why? As long as I have been here, which is also a short time, I have noticed edits when forum rules are not followed or something is questionable, but have no experience with pulled posts.
You are still here, so that is good, but instead of complaining in the open forum, I would get it straightened out via pms. Just my 2 cents.
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

Jan 26th, '09, 09:43

by Chip » Jan 26th, '09, 09:43

Tea Noob wrote:
Shelob wrote:
+1
I have had a different experience in my short time here. Making forum suggestions will get your post pulled. Maybe that violated the rules.
... au contraire, your topic was pulled due to an erupting flame war brought on by name calling of other members which is a forum violation. I have the topic in question if you require proof or forget ...

Your topic in question was removed from the forum to end the hostilities that persisited despite Moderator's request to stop.

So, for the record, your post was not pulled for making suggestions. Just so the facts are straight ...

Jan 26th, '09, 10:05

by Tea Noob » Jan 26th, '09, 10:05

Shelob wrote:
Tea Noob wrote: I have had a different experience in my short time here. Making forum suggestions will get your post pulled. Maybe that violated the rules.
??? I am not sure what you are talking about, but did you talk to Chip, the moderator as to why? As long as I have been here, which is also a short time, I have noticed edits when forum rules are not followed or something is questionable, but have no experience with pulled posts.
You are still here, so that is good, but instead of complaining in the open forum, I would get it straightened out via pms. Just my 2 cents.

I was in communication with Chip (via PM) when it happened and I fully understood why he did it. Rushing to judgment is not wise. You can have your 2 cents back.

... au contraire, your topic was pulled due to an erupting flame war brought on by name calling of other members which is a forum violation. I have the topic in question if you require proof or forget ...

Your topic in question was removed from the forum to end the hostilities that persisited despite Moderator's request to stop.

So, for the record, your post was not pulled for making sugggestions.
Did I try and explain myself and take shots at him along the way... yeah, guilty as charged. I emphasize that I am not trying to make backhanded comments at the MOD.

Jan 31st, '09, 04:25

by battra » Jan 31st, '09, 04:25

I think this is one of the problems with the old and not very good forum code "phpbb" which teachat uses.

I think I have been a member of four other forums using phpbb, of which three had problems with all or almost all posts disappearing at some time.
None of these forums managed to restore all the posts completely, but I guess they hadn't made a proper backup.
Surely there is a backup for the teachat forum?

+ Post Reply