Adagio TeaV episode 4: Mr. Blue Sky

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jan 26th, '09, 10:41
Adagio

Adagio TeaV episode 4: Mr. Blue Sky

by ilya » Jan 26th, '09, 10:41

Watch Zack dance around the fact that the blend he's reviewing is not his cup of tea in episode 4 of Adagio TeaV.
Last edited by ilya on Feb 9th, '09, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 26th, '09, 10:48

by zack » Jan 26th, '09, 10:48

Very nice description, Ilya.

Jan 26th, '09, 11:13

by Aphroditea » Jan 26th, '09, 11:13

Noooooooo!! Don't cut your hair! Uhm, on with the actual content of this discussion....

I love the changing location thing you have going (by chance of design). Getting to see the tea dry and getting to see the percentages of the blend was awesome. I would still like to know what your steeping temps and times are especially for something like this tea where the components have greatly different steep times. I have to say you have the politest way of saying "Ew" I have ever seen :) I did wonder if just the thought of the blend was cringe-making, as you already seemed a bit leary before your first sip.

Again another fine episode. :)

Thanks!

Jan 26th, '09, 11:22

by zack » Jan 26th, '09, 11:22

I stuck to the green tea aspect. About 180 for around 3 minutes. :)

Hair is getting abit annoying, though :(

Jan 26th, '09, 11:34

by kymidwife » Jan 26th, '09, 11:34

Zack... you are a hoot. If I were older, I'd adopt you. If I were younger, I'd date you. Since I am neither, I will just continue to enjoy your entertaining tea reviews. :D

Having been guilty of making some disgustingly wild combo blends in some of my earliest attempts... I can attest that all teas just do not go well together. I've adopted the more logical approach of actually testing blending proportions at home when creating my blends. I don't create anything in Sig Blends that I don't actually like myself, but of course, that is no guarantee that someone else will like it!

I did think this was a great review to help guide tea creators to think through what flavors complement one another. I also liked the location... loved the clear mug and the clear IngenuiTea (we love to see the colors and the leaf) and was glad to see the dry leaf shown too. Great improvements. Well done, once again.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jan 26th, '09, 12:29

by zack » Jan 26th, '09, 12:29

kymidwife wrote:Zack... you are a hoot. If I were older, I'd adopt you. If I were younger, I'd date you. Since I am neither, I will just continue to enjoy your entertaining tea reviews. :D

Having been guilty of making some disgustingly wild combo blends in some of my earliest attempts... I can attest that all teas just do not go well together. I've adopted the more logical approach of actually testing blending proportions at home when creating my blends. I don't create anything in Sig Blends that I don't actually like myself, but of course, that is no guarantee that someone else will like it!

I did think this was a great review to help guide tea creators to think through what flavors complement one another. I also liked the location... loved the clear mug and the clear IngenuiTea (we love to see the colors and the leaf) and was glad to see the dry leaf shown too. Great improvements. Well done, once again.

Sarah
Thanks for the kind words :) Glad to know the review was helpful.

Jan 26th, '09, 13:14

by libralady » Jan 26th, '09, 13:14

Zack, I enjoyed this week's video. The changing of locations is a good thing. :)
I especially liked the subtle way you illustrated that not all teas go well together. Looking forward to next week's review!

Jan 26th, '09, 16:37

by JasonC » Jan 26th, '09, 16:37

Great episode! I really enjoyed it. You were extremely gentle in your review, which is a good thing. It's one thing to say " I don't like this! ", it's quite another to say "I don't think this works for me, because .... " and that "because..." I think is important. Anyway, great show, love it, keep em coming! Oh and yeah, get that haircut! :lol:

Thanks,
--Jason

Jan 26th, '09, 16:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Jan 26th, '09, 16:40

This is my favorite one so far, Zack! Nice!

Jan 26th, '09, 16:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 26th, '09, 16:58

Good job reviewing a challenging tea!

Jan 26th, '09, 22:44

by King_juanito » Jan 26th, '09, 22:44

Heh,
that was my tea being reviewed,
thanks for being as nice as you were, i got a big laugh out of it,
granted, as i was makin the blend i knew it was lil bit crazy, but i said
to my self, what the hell no one else is likely to try this except me!
quick question, how the heck did you happen to pick this?
did something set off some alarms at adagio?..lol...
ive been enjoying the shows so far, and it was a great honor
to have my tea blend picked , even thru it was not your cup of tea,
iam gonna burn this podcast into a DVD if iam able, thanks again!!

Jan 26th, '09, 22:53

by King_juanito » Jan 26th, '09, 22:53

And oh!
you had two of my favorite music artist behind you,
iam a big fan of elvis castello and a super huge fan of the Beatles,
so it was to my great suprise to see both behind you!
Thanks again!!

Jan 26th, '09, 23:28

by zack » Jan 26th, '09, 23:28

haha! nice!

This is incredible.

Jan 27th, '09, 02:11

try try again

by boywoodhe » Jan 27th, '09, 02:11

Before i saw Zack on the video, I read the description of the tea. I kind of had a feeling it was not going to be a great review. :cry: Honestly ......most of us has made some bad blends when we fist started. I taste test my teas at home. I have a little tea lab with many many flavors. If I like my blends then I create them on adagio. I also buy a blend to see how my creation signature blend turns out. :D

Jan 27th, '09, 17:07

by silvermage2000 » Jan 27th, '09, 17:07

I like the video. I't was fun bit had some good ifo. to.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

+ Post Reply