Thoughts on Black Tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Thoughts on Black Tea

Postby TeaFanatic » Apr 9th, '06, 01:06

Well, I finally got around to trying out a few black teas after being such a heavy green tea drinker. I tried four different black teas, and while I still heavy some trouble differentiating between them, I will try to give my thoughts on each of them.

Assam Harmony- The strongest of the four that I tried...this is a very good tea to wake up too due to it's bold flavor. It has a very malty taste. This is not the tea you want to try if you are going from green to black.

Golden Needle- Just the smell and appearance of this tea got me excited. I found golden needle to be a very smooth black that was not too strong or too light. Highly recommended.

Yunnan Gold- Had to give this a try and it is supposedly adagio's best, and I wasn't dissappointed. The peppery taste of this tea was incredible and the leaves were beautiful. Not as much of a morning tea as the other two, but definetly one that I enjoy immensely.

Darjeeling #1- Here is the black tea to go to first if you are a green tea drinker. It has a very light taste in my opinion and brews almost exactly like a green. The taste was wonderful as it was slightly stronger than a green tea but not too strong as to knock you off you feet.

I look forward to trying some more blacks from adagio!
TeaFanatic

Re: Thoughts on Black Tea

Postby petercai0163 » Mar 11th, '07, 02:49

Hi,TeaFanatic.
I am here to recommend one kind of black tea---keemun black tea.

maybe you will ask me why.ok,let me explain:

It has many functions to human body:

It can help or make you:

1.facilitate dieting;
2.relaxing and refreshing;
3.blood fat reducing;
4.reduce blood pressure;
5.prevent memory loss;
6.relieve stress;
7.taste yummy.

b.rgds,
peter cai
msn:childecy(AT)hotmail.com
email:petercai163(AT)gmail.com

TeaFanatic wrote:Well, I finally got around to trying out a few black teas after being such a heavy green tea drinker. I tried four different black teas, and while I still heavy some trouble differentiating between them, I will try to give my thoughts on each of them.

Assam Harmony- The strongest of the four that I tried...this is a very good tea to wake up too due to it's bold flavor. It has a very malty taste. This is not the tea you want to try if you are going from green to black.

Golden Needle- Just the smell and appearance of this tea got me excited. I found golden needle to be a very smooth black that was not too strong or too light. Highly recommended.

Yunnan Gold- Had to give this a try and it is supposedly adagio's best, and I wasn't dissappointed. The peppery taste of this tea was incredible and the leaves were beautiful. Not as much of a morning tea as the other two, but definetly one that I enjoy immensely.

Darjeeling #1- Here is the black tea to go to first if you are a green tea drinker. It has a very light taste in my opinion and brews almost exactly like a green. The taste was wonderful as it was slightly stronger than a green tea but not too strong as to knock you off you feet.

I look forward to trying some more blacks from adagio!
petercai0163

Instant Messenger

Permissions