Automated way to send out $5.00 free certificates for sites

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Automated way to send out $5.00 free certificates for sites

Postby JasonC » Feb 1st, '09, 10:09

I would love to send out more $5.00 gift certificates. What I would love even more is a way to put that on my personal website so my visitors can simply put their email address in and hit "submit", and viola, they get a $5.00 gift certificate that qualifies me for points, and earns them a bit of tea on the house. It also will likely earn adagio a few more customers in the process!

The idea is for a little box type widget I can just stick on my website, and or you could simply make an API through which I attach my member ID or some such, and it goes along with the certificate, so that when that certificate # is used, it's registered to my user account. I'm sure the system you currently have in place would take minimal if any re-working to add this feature. You'd merely need to expose a way to allow a remote site to send you an email address, an existing member ID ( or some other unique 'key' ). It's very likely that the framework that your current form uses inside your account page would be nearly perfect.

Anyway, this is just an idea I had. I plan to add a few tea reviews to my website, and it would be great if I could include a "Try this tea with $5.00 from Adagio, and Me!" widget for visitors to use. :)

Comments? Suggestions? Criticisms? All are welcome, just keep it constructive please. :)

Thanks,
--Jason
JasonC

Postby silvermage2000 » Feb 1st, '09, 11:11

I think that would be a cool idea. You just have to make sure that I't wouldn't get where people take advantage of I't or something like that.
silvermage2000

Postby capheind » Feb 1st, '09, 12:53

Didn't they used to have this? I remember seeing it on their site. But a while ago when I wanted to grab it for my site I couldn't find it for the life of me.
capheind

Postby Victoria » Feb 1st, '09, 13:31

Yes Adagio did have it. I inquired a few months ago about and was directed to their promotions page but it wasn't working -

Ok, now it is working!

http://www.adagio.com/pages/help_us_grow.html
Victoria

Postby JasonC » Feb 1st, '09, 14:06

AH! Wonderful, thanks for digging that up.
JasonC

Postby ilya » Feb 1st, '09, 18:34

JasonC,

In order to access the "Free Gift Certificate Links" page, you need to be logged in first.

Please let me know if you have any difficulty with adding this to your personal site. Also, let me know your website's url so I can check it out.

Ilya
ilya
Site Admin

Postby Victoria » Feb 1st, '09, 18:44

Ilya, I just added it to my blog too. I can't believe I didn't have it up all this time because I wasn't logged in!
Victoria

Postby silvermage2000 » Feb 1st, '09, 23:19

I sent my ifo. But How do I link to adagio on my site?
silvermage2000

Postby Victoria » Feb 1st, '09, 23:25

Go to this link:

http://www.adagio.com/pages/free_gift_c ... fb3e557c3e

Choose the color you want. Then copy and paste the code into the template of your blog. You can also try clicking the "install on blogger" button, but may not be compatible.
Victoria

Postby Sims2Challenges » Mar 2nd, '09, 00:50

That's awesome! I had links for my Signature Blends on my pages but I didn't know I could just add the $5 gift certificate widget. Thanks!
Sims2Challenges

Instant Messenger

Permissions