Jun 8th, '05, 18:46
Mod/Admin

ingenuiTEA teapot questions

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:46

Hello....

I got this along with some tea..as a gift for someone. Since we're both blondes were're having a hard time following directions. Can the pot be put in the mic to heat the water up in? With or w/out the tea leaves? What is that black cover thingy for? To put under it when it's not in your hand?

Thanks...

Jun 8th, '05, 18:47
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:47

Thanks for the note.

The teapot is microwave safe, so you can boil the water in there. You can also add previously boiled water into the pot.

After the water is boiled, please add the tea leaves (about 1 teaspoon for most teas) and allow to steep.

After it is finished steeping, simply place on top of any cup.

Place the used teapot on the black disc (which is a coaster) to catch any stray drips!

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

I just got my ingenuitea today and am anxious to use it. I understand that up to two cups of tea may be made at once (got the smaller size)...my two questions are:

If I'm making it for two cups, would I put two tea bags/two teaspoons of loose tea in the "pitcher"?

What is the suggested microwaving time to bring the water to a "boil"?

Bryan

Mod/Admin

I just got my InguinaTEA pot today also! Actually - this is the FIRST TIME I have ever brewed loose tea!!! What a Treat!

My first cup was white tropics - mmmmm - lovely!

My question - what is the best way to get the tea out of the InguinaTEA after you have brewed? I try emptying it but bits and pieces stick! I had to clean it out to try another cup - this time - green cocomint!!

I'm in Heaven!!

Cheryl

Mod/Admin

Still no reply? I wonder how often the forums are checked...

Cheryl: I too got a sampler of green cocomint! I was STUNNED at how great the scent is...I could have sworn it was a tin filled with york peppermint patty!

I've not tried making any of the loose teas yet...I don't want to make it too strong...oh well...I guess I'll go trial and error...if that cocomint tastes HALF as good as it smells I'm gonna become an addict real fast...

Bryan

Jun 8th, '05, 18:48
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:48

Bryan - it does taste just as good as it smells.

I used about a tsp and a half and steeped for 7 min....I'm drinking one now as a matter of fact - heavenly!!! I do add a little Splenda too!

Have you never used loose teas either??

The black cover thingy is a coaster to set the pot on! I am really loving having a variety of teas throughout the day!! I work from home and sit in front a computer all day - this adds variety at least!!

Have a Great Weekend!

Cheryl

Mod/Admin

Also - I use my teapot on my stove and "listen" for when it is close to boiling, but not quite, for my green teas and it seems to be working!! I prefer using my teapot rather than the microwave.

Cheryl

Mod/Admin

Cheryl and Bryan--

Sorry for the delay in answering -- Las Vegas called.

It appears that you guys solved your mysteries without me! Please let me know if there are any outstanding queries.

Will gladly lend my knowledge,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

Speaking of the ingenuitea...

Can the ingenuitea be disassembled for cleaning?

My preferred tea is a "CTC" (crush/tear/curl) irish breakfast blend that ends up with some very fine bits of tea leaf that get in and under the filter.

Most of the time, I can manage to aggressively rinse it and deal with this, but not always. I'd love to be able to disasemble it to do a thorough cleaning on occasion, but I can't seem to take the pot apart.

Thanks!

rmd

Mod/Admin

RMD--

Thanks for the post.

If you pull off the black piece on the bottom, then push the filter out through the hole in the bottom, the teapot will come apart.

This should be done very carefully! We cannot be responsible for any damaged teapots that are a result of dissembly.

Best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 8th, '05, 18:49
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:49

Where can I find a picture of the little ingenuitea teapot? I would like to show it to others who might like to order..My daughter ordered one for me for Mothers Day, and I find that day came early this year..I'm using the pot and luvit.....

M. Strong
Last edited by teachat on Jun 8th, '05, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 8th, '05, 18:49
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:49

Mom Strong,

Thanks for the post.

You can't miss it on our site (it's on there so much, it could be mistaken for wallpaper!). Here is the link for one of the prominent pics:

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html

Best,

Chris
Adagio "Wallpaper" Maestro

Jun 8th, '05, 18:50
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:50

I just purchased an ingenuiTea and love the concept - my wife and I had something like ten cups between us last night. We ran the iT through the dishwasher overnight and ended up with residue trapped under the filter, as others have mentioned. I have tried to use the advice to pop out the filter but haven't had any luck, and I am being extra gentle, so that may be it. Anyone else encounter this? We could hand was it, but as much as we love great tea, we love being lazy.

James Wrubel

Mod/Admin

I had the same problem. Gunk from the other dishes got stuck under the fine mesh of the filter. I did pop off the bottom using a butter knife. I hadn't read about it online yet, and I was going to post it, but low and behold, Chris beat be to it! I'd recomend using a thin screw driver instead of a butter knife though.
The bottom of the pot is held in place by a rubber ball that is also the valve. Just slip the screwdriver (or butter knife) in between the two clear plastic layers and pry gently. You might want to rotate around the bottom as you pry too. When you replace the bottom of the pot, make sure that the post on the bottom goes through the hole in the rubber ball, otherwise your pot won't hold water anymore!
Good luck

Marlene

Mod/Admin

ingenuiTEA

ok....so I am new to this tea thing. I am on a diet, and was told that drinking 8 oz of hot water with lemon would help. And I thought...well, why not drink tea! SO, I got a couple boxes of the Celestial Seasonings Green Tea (mandarin decaf), and enjoyed it! Then, my sister, who is apparently a closet tea snob made fun of me for using tea bags. WHO KNEW? So, I did a quick search on the www for loose tea, found Adagio, sent my wish list to my dear dear husband, and got a bunch for Mother's Day! I just got my 2nd order today, and LOVE the herbals and apricot green teas I received.

Anywhoo...the point of this...I LOVE the inginuiTEA pot thingy. works REALLY well with our hot water/culligan water bottles...and...well..I think I am a tea addict too!

Alexis3700

+ Post Reply