Any opinions?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 4th, '09, 11:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Feb 4th, '09, 11:43

I have and like the first one (08 Qing) -- a good deal, methinks. But I've only tried it a couple times. I believe someone in the YS reviews thread had a glowing review of it... was it thanks?

Feb 4th, '09, 12:19

by shogun89 » Feb 4th, '09, 12:19

Dizzwave wrote:I have and like the first one (08 Qing) -- a good deal, methinks. But I've only tried it a couple times. I believe someone in the YS reviews thread had a glowing review of it... was it thanks?
Yes, I believe it was thanks who reviewed it. It seems to be one of those "lotta bang for the buck" teas. Which is important for me as I dont have alot of money for tea spending.

Feb 4th, '09, 17:31

by thanks » Feb 4th, '09, 17:31

shogun89 wrote:
Dizzwave wrote:I have and like the first one (08 Qing) -- a good deal, methinks. But I've only tried it a couple times. I believe someone in the YS reviews thread had a glowing review of it... was it thanks?
Yes, I believe it was thanks who reviewed it. It seems to be one of those "lotta bang for the buck" teas. Which is important for me as I dont have alot of money for tea spending.
Yeah, I loved it. Very good bang for the buck as I thought it tasted and performed better than a lot of the big M beeng releases. The 958 tuo bag from Haiwan is also pretty good for the price, but lacking slightly in potency. Still good Menghai leaf for a decent price though.

Feb 5th, '09, 00:01

by Geospearit » Feb 5th, '09, 00:01

you do realize right? That this thread will go down in history once ten or twinty years or so has passed.... as either right or wrong.

Feb 5th, '09, 05:09

by thanks » Feb 5th, '09, 05:09

Geospearit wrote:you do realize right? That this thread will go down in history once ten or twinty years or so has passed.... as either right or wrong.
Aaaaand every other blog post, tea review, 75% of the posts on this forum, etc. etc.

If we're all wrong with 95% of our purchases, I am willing to bet that the 5% that were good would probably outweigh all the bad in terms of quality and price difference.

Feb 5th, '09, 05:30

by odarwin » Feb 5th, '09, 05:30

i havent tried a lot of different ripe teas yet,
but i like the ones from lang he factory...

can anyone comment about lang he tuos compared to menghai cakes?

they seem to be from the same area of production, but the description always says that lang he does a lighter fermentation to their ripe teas

-darwin

+ Post Reply