Dandelion Tea

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Oct 29th, '05, 05:11

Dandelion Tea

by teapotato » Oct 29th, '05, 05:11

I recently went to a Chinese restaurant that served various teas. One particular tea that tasted fragrantly delicious was called "Dandelion Tea".

I'm not familiar with this tea and don't now the official name of it but my Mother who was brought up in Mexico states that it is very medicinal for stomach and intestinal afflictions.

I'm very interested in knowing if anyone can give me more information about this tea, if there is an online store that carries it and any other particulars regarding this delicious tea.

Nov 11th, '08, 12:52

by tjkoko_off » Nov 11th, '08, 12:52

Dandelion is named from the Latin "lion's tooth". While the leaf is sometimes served in salads, the plant is very high in salts and therefore serves as a diuretic; it induces urination.

Nov 11th, '08, 13:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Nov 11th, '08, 13:14

Just do a search in Yahoo - looks pretty easy to find and there is lots of information on it too.

Feb 6th, '09, 00:48

by RockingtheRepublic » Feb 6th, '09, 00:48

Holla.

Dandelion tea is excellent for detoxification. It acts as diuretic, cleans the blood, liver and increases bile production. It also reduces serum cholesterol and uric acid levels in the body. Wait I'm going to copy this from my nutritional healing book re dandelion "It also improves functioning of the kidneys, pancreas, spleen, and stomach. Releaves menopausal symptoms. Useful for abcesses, anemia, boils, breast tumprs, cirrhosis of the liver, constipation, fuid retention, hepatitis, jaundice and rheumatism. Believed to help prevent age spots and breast cancer."

Hope this helps!
Remember... Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Find me on Twitter @ RockingRepublic

Feb 6th, '09, 14:18

by silvermage2000 » Feb 6th, '09, 14:18

Hm I don't think I have had any teas with dandlion. That Is just kinda different.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Feb 14th, '09, 22:13

by brad4419 » Feb 14th, '09, 22:13

Is this the same Dandelion that people spray and pull as weeds out of yards and gardens?

If so that would be awsome because I pull lots of them out of my garden every year. I have heard of people eating them in salads but never in tea but I would love to try a free tea.

Feb 15th, '09, 06:54

by tjkoko_off » Feb 15th, '09, 06:54

brad4419 wrote:Is this the same Dandelion that people spray and pull as weeds out of yards and gardens?

If so...
Exactly! Also investigate the culinary dish called dandelion salad or dandelion greens.
TJK

Feb 15th, '09, 21:51

by goodcook1965 » Feb 15th, '09, 21:51

I have been eating dandelions my entire life. Every spring I eat the young dandelions with just olive oil, wine vinegar and some chopped scallions. This is great with some crusty Italian bread. Dandelions are also excellent cooked (especially older dandelions) by boiling them for about 8 or 9 minutes and then sauteeing in olive oil and garlic with some potatoes. Another great dressing with the spring dandelions is a warm bacon dressing.

Feb 16th, '09, 16:13

by teaguru » Feb 16th, '09, 16:13

goodcook1965 wrote:I have been eating dandelions my entire life. Every spring I eat the young dandelions with just olive oil, wine vinegar and some chopped scallions. This is great with some crusty Italian bread. Dandelions are also excellent cooked (especially older dandelions) by boiling them for about 8 or 9 minutes and then sauteeing in olive oil and garlic with some potatoes. Another great dressing with the spring dandelions is a warm bacon dressing.
Sounds delicious!

I have a small bag of roasted dandelion root at home, but I have yet to try it. The smell is quite nice, kind of nutty and earthy, with just a touch of the roasted scent. They say that dandelion is liked by people who enjoy coffee, but I can't convince my dad (the family coffee drinker) to try it. :wink:

+ Post Reply