i want to start my new tea business.( import & re export

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

i want to start my new tea business.( import & re export

Postby dowellbh » Feb 2nd, '09, 14:55

plz give me some marketing ideas ....how to do this business.
dowellbh

Postby Space Samurai » Feb 2nd, '09, 18:10

One question you may want to ask yoursefl: What can you offer that will be different from everyone else. There are so many new tea companies now, the market is becoming (has become) over satuated. I would advise anyone starting out now to have a solid idea of what their angle is going to be.
Space Samurai

Postby FireArmada » Feb 2nd, '09, 23:23

What is your target audience? What kind of teas are you going to sell and/or Tea wear ?
FireArmada

Postby Wesli » Feb 3rd, '09, 01:08

I think that's what he's asking us.

My suggestion: learn as much about tea as you can before you make the decision. Or else sell liquid tea.
Wesli

Postby hop_goblin » Feb 3rd, '09, 10:20

Sell to who is around you.. in other words do some marketing research.. The biz has gotten so big that you will be thrown in the dumpster by the big boys and gals were you can't compete.
hop_goblin

Postby gingkoseto » Feb 3rd, '09, 21:36

Space Samurai wrote:One question you may want to ask yoursefl: What can you offer that will be different from everyone else. There are so many new tea companies now, the market is becoming (has become) over satuated. I would advise anyone starting out now to have a solid idea of what their angle is going to be.

The tea market appears saturated, not because there are too many tea companies, but because there are too few serious tea drinker customers :D If not for the economy down turn, I would believe there is great potential for developing tea market, because there are lots of intelligent and curious non-drinkers who are ready to be converted :D

But what does import & re-export mean? Where to export?
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby Rockingtherepub... » Feb 11th, '09, 01:07

Ya I definitely do not think the market is over saturated, there is tons and tons and tons of potential still. It's just the lack of people that are drinking tea that is limiting the growth of the industry. If tea was the new coffee, there would be a even more serious influx of new companies.

I'm launching a tea company and it's been tons of fun so far brainstorming. I've come up with 15 different company names so far and super duper excited about my first set of blends!
Rockingtherepub...

Postby FireArmada » Feb 11th, '09, 01:11

RockingtheRepublic wrote:Ya I definitely do not think the market is over saturated, there is tons and tons and tons of potential still. It's just the lack of people that are drinking tea that is limiting the growth of the industry. If tea was the new coffee, there would be a even more serious influx of new companies.

I'm launching a tea company and it's been tons of fun so far brainstorming. I've come up with 15 different company names so far and super duper excited about my first set of blends!

Good luck to you both.
FireArmada

Instant Messenger

Permissions