Milk Oolong

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Postby capheind » Feb 13th, '09, 00:42

So basically Jin Xuan (which I don't think I've had yet) has a natural milky flavour when processed as an Oolong, due to natural differences in Varietal. Inspired by this flavor a multitude of factories have begun to produce "Milk Oolong" which is often as not simply a milk flavoured Oolong.

Not that I don't believe you, just my own natural scepticism, how have you come to know this?
capheind

Postby gingkoseto » Feb 13th, '09, 00:53

capheind wrote:So basically Jin Xuan (which I don't think I've had yet) has a natural milky flavour when processed as an Oolong, due to natural differences in Varietal. Inspired by this flavor a multitude of factories have begun to produce "Milk Oolong" which is often as not simply a milk flavoured Oolong.

Not that I don't believe you, just my own natural scepticism, how have you come to know this?

You don't have to believe me. I didn't cite any academic sources anyway :P The jin xuan part, it's not hard to learn, since information is everywhere. But again since jin xuan is not the only oolong producing milk flavor, some people may not agree milk oolong = jin xuan.

The flavored oolong part, I just believe it's a bad thing (others may believe food-safe, FDA approved milk oolong is ok). I don't think a multitude of factories have begun to produce it, or I didn't think - I was really shocked to see a few posts mentioned that some factories comfortably admit they make artificial flavored milk oolong. It's somewhat like, we all know some factories produce, for example, contaminated food. But if such factories start to legalize themselves (plus, with deceiving names), they are undermining the standards of the entire society (or in this case the tea society).
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby Salsero » Feb 13th, '09, 01:01

gingko wrote: it strikes my nerve a bit
Mine too.
Salsero

Postby capheind » Feb 13th, '09, 01:10

Well it does make a certain amount of sense. Thanks.. But now you folks have totally killed my excuse to sneak aboard a plane and see the factory for myself....
capheind

Re: Milk Oolong

Postby ClarG » Dec 14th, '13, 20:38

If you make milk oolong western style how many steepings is it good for?
ClarG

Re: Milk Oolong

Postby Chip » Dec 14th, '13, 23:07

Might be better posting this question under the Oolong forum of TeaChat where it will get better response. This is a 3 year old topic under Adagio>Recommendations where items are recommended for Adagio to sell.

Milk oolong is discussed pretty often under Oolong.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions