Romancing the Dream

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Feb 5th, '09, 22:52
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 5th, '09, 22:52

Herb_Master wrote: I checked the invoice - it has Summer 2008 writ large on both teas - I feel I am going to have to order the Autumn versions - I can still send you some Summer if you want to try them!
Last time after seeing your post, I checked out the store immediately :P And back then they had summer TGY only. Now they have autumn tea.
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Feb 6th, '09, 08:59

by engar » Feb 6th, '09, 08:59

Salsero wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:The deed is done - I have ordered
Alea iacta est.

I suppose now we will all be ordering from Wan Ling in a couple weeks!
That´s one of the coolest things on Teachat, good reviews.
I spoke to RB a week before the Chinese New Year and they said they was going to receive the new harvest (autumm) around Chinese New Year, and they recommended me to wait for the autumm harvest. A couple of days ago they sent some supreme, supreme+ and another different (higher quality) TGY, so hopefuly I´ll have them here in one or two weeks.

Feb 6th, '09, 10:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Feb 6th, '09, 10:42

engar wrote: another different (higher quality) TGY
You mean they have an unlisted one that is even better? Cool.

By the way, Jing Tea Shop generally has good selection of high quality Anxi oolongs.

Feb 6th, '09, 10:54

by engar » Feb 6th, '09, 10:54

Salsero wrote:
Yes, I´m sure they will be more than happy to answer all your questions.

Feb 13th, '09, 16:59
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 13th, '09, 16:59

My TGY from rich barbarian has arrived! I don't remember when I ordered it, but definitely within 1 week. That's super fast and great for $4 shipping charge! :D

My tea activities have ended for today, will try it tomorrow :D

Feb 13th, '09, 19:14

by PolyhymnianMuse » Feb 13th, '09, 19:14

engar wrote:
Salsero wrote:
Yes, I´m sure they will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
The King grade is the one that was unlisted, but now is listed as is the highest grade offered now.
gingko wrote:My TGY from rich barbarian has arrived! I don't remember when I ordered it, but definitely within 1 week. That's super fast and great for $4 shipping charge! :D

My tea activities have ended for today, will try it tomorrow :D
Its about a week now since i've ordered mine, still waiting on it. I plan on trying it as soon as I get it!

Feb 13th, '09, 20:50

by Herb_Master » Feb 13th, '09, 20:50

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
The King grade is the one that was unlisted, but now is listed and is the highest grade offered now.

Wow, a Kingly price too!

Am I Jealous, I put my order in for Autumn Tea before the King was listed!

Interesting that some arrive in 5 days! My Summer Tea was that quick, but my Autumn order is 2 weeks and counting!

Another fine theory bites the dust - a few people suggested that King, Wang and Supreme were used by different vendors to describe the top grade tea. Here Rich Barbarian uses 3 Names that price wise show that King is far superior to Supreme and Supreme+

Feb 13th, '09, 21:22

by Herb_Master » Feb 13th, '09, 21:22

PolyhymnianMuse wrote: The King grade is the one that was unlisted, but now is listed as is the highest grade offered now.
I see the packaging for the King Grade is labelled as "yun xiang xing"

I thought this might provide the answer - but not really
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/chines ... ation.html

does the yun refer to the special 'rock rhyme' found only in Yan Cha and TKY ? [yan yun OR yin yun]

the 'xiang' would be fragrance - hence "Rock Fragrance"

but if Xing is shape ! mmm

does anyone have an explanation?

Feb 13th, '09, 21:56

by PolyhymnianMuse » Feb 13th, '09, 21:56

Herb_Master wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote: The King grade is the one that was unlisted, but now is listed as is the highest grade offered now.
I see the packaging for the King Grade is labelled as "yun xiang xing"

I thought this might provide the answer - but not really
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/chines ... ation.html

does the yun refer to the special 'rock rhyme' found only in Yan Cha and TKY ? [yan yun OR yin yun]

the 'xiang' would be fragrance - hence "Rock Fragrance"

but if Xing is shape ! mmm

does anyone have an explanation?
I wouldnt read into that too much, however theres always a chance your correct. From what I was told the packaging of the individual 10g bags are done by the owner of the ebay store himself, rather then the tea supplier. They could very well be just generic bags

Feb 13th, '09, 22:06
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 13th, '09, 22:06

Herb_Master wrote: Interesting that some arrive in 5 days! My Summer Tea was that quick, but my Autumn order is 2 weeks and counting!

Another fine theory bites the dust - a few people suggested that King, Wang and Supreme were used by different vendors to describe the top grade tea. Here Rich Barbarian uses 3 Names that price wise show that King is far superior to Supreme and Supreme+
I think you guys' orders will arrive soon too. Hong Kong has direct flight to many major cities in the world, so a lot of time is saved from surface transportation. My order is small and simple, so probably easier to put together. Besides, Herb Master, 2 weeks ago was still within Chinese new year range, and the postal company might not function at all, so probably your order and my order left Hong Kong about the same time :D

Literally King=Wang, which means a tea that won "king" title in a whatever tea competition. But actually everybody can call their own tea "king". As long as there are terms to label different levels from the same vendor.

Btw, "yun"=rhyme. "yun xiang" is between "qing xiang" (green roast) and "nong xiang" (traditional roast), so kind of medium roast (but usually still quite green). It's a relatively new jargon but I don't hope the TGY people invent even more unnecessary terms. :P

But don't struggle too much with the terms on the pack. In China, most small vacuum bags (those for ball shape oolong) are generic, not made for one specific vendor or one specific fragrance type. So the words on the vacuum bags usually don't count. :D
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Feb 14th, '09, 01:31

by PolyhymnianMuse » Feb 14th, '09, 01:31

Turns out it did come in today and my dad just didnt check the mail until now...
So I'm going to make it a long night and try out some of the supreme+!

Feb 14th, '09, 07:27

by Herb_Master » Feb 14th, '09, 07:27

Mine has arrived 8 am this morning, I shall try mine on Tuesday. I work Saturday and Sunday and have Tuesday and Wednesday off.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Feb 14th, '09, 09:26

by engar » Feb 14th, '09, 09:26

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:I wouldnt read into that too much, however theres always a chance your correct. From what I was told the packaging of the individual 10g bags are done by the owner of the ebay store himself, rather then the tea supplier.
I think they told me that their tea supplier is their family garden in mainland China.

Feb 14th, '09, 12:58

by PolyhymnianMuse » Feb 14th, '09, 12:58

engar wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:I wouldnt read into that too much, however theres always a chance your correct. From what I was told the packaging of the individual 10g bags are done by the owner of the ebay store himself, rather then the tea supplier.
I think they told me that their tea supplier is their family garden in mainland China.
Thats what i've been told too, I'm not sure if its directly part of the family or just someone they know who owns a farm though. What I'm getting at is that the individual bags of 10g are not produced by the farmer themselves and then sold, but the tea is sold in bulk from the farm and then they are made into the individual bags by the vendor before selling.

Side Note: The tea I had last night was amazing. I tried out the Supreme+ and it was very nice. The smell of the leaves after opening the package reminds me of walking through a greenhouse full of flowers, very fresh and aromatic and nicely balanced. I am sure everyone who has ordered this as well will be quite happy :)
I know I'll be ordering again for sure.

Feb 14th, '09, 15:15

by disillusioned » Feb 14th, '09, 15:15

I would like to concur with everyone else on this thread I received my tea the other day and it is excellent. I can't wait to try the king.

+ Post Reply