Best Brand of Tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 15th, '09, 11:53

Best Brand of Tea

by Pcola » Feb 15th, '09, 11:53

What would be the best brand of tea to buy? or what brand names does every one drink?

Feb 15th, '09, 14:07

by olivierco » Feb 15th, '09, 14:07

I don't think there is any "best brand" of tea.
I get my tea from specialized vendors mostly in France and Japan.

Feb 15th, '09, 15:27

by GT500Driver » Feb 15th, '09, 15:27

Right now I've only got things from Adagio, as I'm limited on funds and they have fairly good teas for a good price. Planning on branching out after this, but just from lurking the forums, here are some others that people seem to like:

Seven Cups
Tea Spring
Floating Leaves Tea (haven't seen quite as much on them)
Den's Tea
O-Cha
Mighty Leaf

Wikicha has a list if you search for vendors.

I have heard stay away from Rishi and Teavana, seems that they're more stepping stones to good tea than anything, haven't tried them myself.

Maybe someone who has actually tried some of these could tell you more.
Southern born and bred

Feb 15th, '09, 16:04

by Ryoruki » Feb 15th, '09, 16:04

the "best" is a very subjective term, people have varying tastes and therefore, differ in their opinions on the best of anything.

I've found that there are two types of brands or vendors. Ones that are specialized in a certain type of tea, and others who cover all areas of tea.

Adagio is of the second type. They carry multiple kinds of tea and have a good selection of everyday teas as well as some more uncommon teas.

Other vendors that cater to a single type of tea, such as Den's Tea for Green Teas, specialize in only that type of tea. They can then offer a wider variety of that one type of tea.

It would seem to me that if you want to buy the best tea of a certain kind, then you would be better off looking and buying thru a supplier that specializes in that type of tea. If you were looking for the best kind of Earl Grey you would not, and could not, find it at Den's Tea.

I think that your question would be better phrased if you asked which was the most preferred kind of tea and which supplier we usually buy this kind of tea from.

For everyday i prefer Moroccan Mint tea. It is a blend of Gunpowder Green Tea and mint. While it is a staple item at many places, i really enjoy Argo Tea's blend the most.

I really doubt that there is, or ever will be, a single brand that supplies the best of every kind of tea.

Feb 15th, '09, 16:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Feb 15th, '09, 16:40

A sampler pack from Adagio might be a good way to go. If you become quite taken with a certain type of tea then there are many folks around here who would be glad to help point you in the general direction of the holy grail in that particular area.

Unless you decide you like pu'erh in which case you will receive countless different opinions on how to navigate the minefield.

If your wallet is up to the challenge Hou De Asian Art is usually of pretty consistent high quality although I've not gotten around to trying any of their green teas.

Feb 15th, '09, 18:51

by Pcola » Feb 15th, '09, 18:51

Thanks for the replies so far and will start out slow and find the right flavor for my taste.

+ Post Reply