Valentine seep time help!!

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Nov 20th, '08, 05:00

Valentine seep time help!!

by Luvpink » Nov 20th, '08, 05:00

Hello i am new to all these teas how many ounces of water and how many tea spoons...and what is the seep time for the valentines tea i dont want to make it to bitter? thank you so much ;) :wink:

Nov 20th, '08, 05:06

Re: Valentine seep time help!!

by Vulture » Nov 20th, '08, 05:06

Luvpink wrote:Hello i am new to all these teas how many ounces of water and how many tea spoons...and what is the seep time for the valentines tea i dont want to make it to bitter? thank you so much ;) :wink:
First welcome, another one from Cali!

For flavored teas from adagio's, its best to actually brew them dark then add a little milk. Brewing dark makes it a little bitter and thick but adding milk waters it down and takes out a lot of the bitterness.

The other way is to play with temperature and timing. First try to just make it yourself with boiling water. From there if its too bitter, either decrease the brew time or decrease the water temperature. I haven't had valentines strait but its in a blend I drink.

Nov 20th, '08, 09:51

by auggy » Nov 20th, '08, 09:51

Vulture wrote:
Luvpink wrote:Hello i am new to all these teas how many ounces of water and how many tea spoons...and what is the seep time for the valentines tea i dont want to make it to bitter? thank you so much ;) :wink:
For flavored teas from adagio's, its best to actually brew them dark then add a little milk. Brewing dark makes it a little bitter and thick but adding milk waters it down and takes out a lot of the bitterness.
Ditto. And to me Valentines seems a little tarter than some other teas so the milk smooths it out. I do about a rounded teaspoon for about 8oz and steep for about 3:30.

Nov 20th, '08, 11:19

by Cinnamon Kitty » Nov 20th, '08, 11:19

I generally do 1tsp to 8oz of water at boiling, steep for 4 to 5 minutes, and add milk and sometimes a touch of sugar.

Feb 16th, '09, 23:48

by boywoodhe » Feb 16th, '09, 23:48

My personal experience is to brew vantentines tea for 2-3 min. the tea goes well with milk and sugar. :D

Feb 17th, '09, 17:34

by silvermage2000 » Feb 17th, '09, 17:34

Yeah I made that mistake for my first cup. So heres how I do It one teaspoon for 3 minute steeping time. And It turns out pretty good.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

+ Post Reply