Sakura Sencha?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 21st, '09, 00:48

Sakura Sencha?

by ryux » Feb 21st, '09, 00:48

Has anyone tried Den's Sakura Sencha before? it sounds really interesting but the description doesn't tell you anything about taste or aroma. and unfortunately, my sample kit from Den's didn't have it either :S

They were nice enough to include Tencha-kuki-houjicha though so I guess it's all good. ~40g of loose leaf tea for $3 is an awesome deal. not to mention that they now have $10 one with kyusu! I wish they had this before or else I didn't have to pay $25 for kyusu from o-cha... :?

Feb 21st, '09, 03:04

by inspectoring » Feb 21st, '09, 03:04

in one word - pure bliss.
As a matter of fact I have been checking their website for about 4 months waiting for this tea. It is finally in stock.
Yes it is simply amazing. Better than ito en and TROT. I think I posted a message way back when I did not know about them. I think the recommendation was made by Chip - I could be wrong.

I am going to stock up on these and recommend the same to anyone interested in this tea.

Feb 21st, '09, 03:25

by Pentox » Feb 21st, '09, 03:25

Wow that time of the year again huh? I'll have to give it a try this year.

Feb 21st, '09, 03:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 21st, '09, 03:45

I really enjoyed this last year, I found it very delicate and lovely.
One of the first sencha that actually worked well for me.

Feb 21st, '09, 10:29

by ryux » Feb 21st, '09, 10:29

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll order some today to check it out. :D

Feb 21st, '09, 11:43

by Chip » Feb 21st, '09, 11:43

Ahhh yes, discussion of Sakura is the first sign of Spring on TeaChat. If the discussion persists, Spring has sprung and Shincha will commence in 45 days. If the discussion dies out, it is 90 days til shincha!!! :idea:

Sakura is a fun tea for this time of the year. If I do not finish it by the time the cherry trees stop blooming around here, it will likely stick around til the following Spring ...

Den's is very good, very representative of this type of tea. I enjoy it quite a bit. Also, the leaf itself is pretty good unlike others I have had that looked like lowest grade bancha.

Speaking of Japan, a big box I have been awaiting just arrived, w@@h@@! No tea though.

Feb 21st, '09, 12:04

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 21st, '09, 12:04

I've been waiting for this to come back in stock! I guess that means that it is time to place an order with Den's.

Feb 21st, '09, 12:45

by hooksie » Feb 21st, '09, 12:45

So would this be a good recommendation to a tea newcomer like myself?

So far the only green I have tried is the citron green from Adagio (I have others to try but haven't gotten to them yet), but I really liked it.

Feb 21st, '09, 12:52

by Chip » Feb 21st, '09, 12:52

It is an easy brewer if that is what you mean. Not fussy at all. Has some green tea taste to it, a lot of flavored greens never taste like tea to me. You can resteep this as well.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 21st, '09, 13:24

by kymidwife » Feb 21st, '09, 13:24

Ya'll are killing me. Just made my first order from Den's. Thanks for that. :shock:
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Feb 21st, '09, 13:52

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 21st, '09, 13:52

kymidwife wrote:Ya'll are killing me. Just made my first order from Den's. Thanks for that. :shock:
It's okay. I wasn't expecting to make a tea order today either, but now I have some Sakura Sencha as well as a few others that I've been wanting to restock on the way. What did you get?

Feb 21st, '09, 14:05

by kymidwife » Feb 21st, '09, 14:05

I got the green tea novice set with the green samples and the little kyusu... only 9.95 for first-time customers with a bunch of different samples... a great deal! Also the sakura sencha... and the gift set containing fuka midori and the kokoro kyusu... because I just really liked that black glaze. :shock:

I was tempted on some other things, but as I have a shipment enroute from O-Cha as we speak, I decided to restrain myself. It's looking like a green phase for a while.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Feb 21st, '09, 14:18

by Chip » Feb 21st, '09, 14:18

kymidwife wrote:Ya'll are killing me. Just made my first order from Den's. Thanks for that. :shock:
For someone who does swan dives on brick walkways, I think you are doing a pretty good job on the killing end all by yourself. 8)

O-Cha order?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 21st, '09, 14:57

by kymidwife » Feb 21st, '09, 14:57

Chip wrote:
For someone who does swan dives on brick walkways, I think you are doing a pretty good job on the killing end all by yourself. 8)

O-Cha order?
I started the process, you guys are just trying to finish me off while I'm vulnerable. :D

O-Cha order:
--Chiran Sencha (100gm)
--Matcha Starter Kit with Organic Matcha "Kaoru", Uji Matcha "Kiri No Mori", Japanese-made whisk, ceramic whisk keeper, bamboo spoon
--Powdered Sencha

That and the Den's stuff should keep me nice and green until shincha season.

Sarah

Feb 21st, '09, 15:11

by Salsero » Feb 21st, '09, 15:11

kymidwife wrote: --Matcha Starter Kit
Yippie, another matcha convert! She's down but she can still order the good stuff! Or maybe it's just the Advil making her do it.

+ Post Reply