What to do with spent tea leaves?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 1st, '09, 06:04

Re: Tea bath

by reincarnate » Mar 1st, '09, 06:04

Randoom wrote:
RockingtheRepublic wrote:Dry and then throw into your bathtub for a tea bath. I've been doing this for years.
isn't it a real mess cleaning up your bathtub after you're done?
I dry the tea leaves and when i need them for a bath I make an essence and just pour the essence, optionally you can put the leaves in a textile sack and put it into the bathtub

Mar 1st, '09, 06:12

by reincarnate » Mar 1st, '09, 06:12

The only things ive tried is for baths and eye pads/face masks. Apparently you can also use it as cat litter, refrigerator deo, cleaning (antibacterial), incense and of course tea pillows as mentioned earlier (which is a long term task :) )

Mar 15th, '09, 16:45

by cha cha cha » Mar 15th, '09, 16:45

try making a tea shirt :lol:

[/url]

Mar 15th, '09, 18:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Mar 15th, '09, 18:12

reincarnate wrote:The only things ive tried is for baths and eye pads/face masks. Apparently you can also use it as cat litter, refrigerator deo, cleaning (antibacterial), incense and of course tea pillows as mentioned earlier (which is a long term task :) )
I bet that mixing them in with cat litter probably would help a bit.

Going back to composting, one thing that I heard about a little while back is indoor composting with worms. You just get a bucket, some dirt, and some earthworms (get one of the containers sold for bait). You can then dump in a number of things, and from what I understand you would be surprised at what they can and will eat up (eg the paper in teabags). Apparently the only smell that you get is the light smell of soil.

I just heard a small spot on it on NPR's Science Friday, so I don't know a lot about it but apparently it's pretty simple. If you decide to go for it then you might do some Googling for tips.

Mar 17th, '09, 01:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Mar 17th, '09, 01:57

cha cha cha wrote:try making a tea shirt :lol:

:shock: oh my that's awesome

+ Post Reply