Sakura Sencha?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 21st, '09, 15:45

by kymidwife » Feb 21st, '09, 15:45

A certain tea friend who bleeds green sent me a couple of matcha samples... and now I am craving more... I hopehopehope the O-Cha order comes today!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Feb 21st, '09, 15:57

by murrius » Feb 21st, '09, 15:57

Salsero: "More green tea Sarah? Is that you talkin or the Advil?"

Sarah: "Salsero............. I AM the Advil"

Paraphrasing my favourite Trailer Park Boys clip.

:D

Feb 23rd, '09, 13:30

by cherylopal » Feb 23rd, '09, 13:30

Heard about this thread on the poll one a few days ago and yes i placed an order too! couldn't pass up the cherry sencha or the starter set- now i have a kyusu for work and travel.

this is a very tasty place but for my wallet very dangerous!!

and i am so interested in matcha!! that will have to wait til june- i can do it -i can do it....

Feb 23rd, '09, 21:44

by Nexius8510 » Feb 23rd, '09, 21:44

Haha thank you to everyone here! I just went to that website as well and have an order for the starter kit and some sakura sencha on its way! :D Cannot wait!

Mar 2nd, '09, 14:05

by cherylopal » Mar 2nd, '09, 14:05

cherylopal wrote:Heard about this thread on the poll one a few days ago and yes i placed an order too! couldn't pass up the cherry sencha or the starter set- now i have a kyusu for work and travel.

this is a very tasty place but for my wallet very dangerous!!

and i am so interested in matcha!! that will have to wait til june- i can do it -i can do it....
My box came today! Even with the snow! What to try first???? I think I'll try the extra green sencha- I'm curious about the taste of matcha....

Wait now I have two kyusus so I can change my answer to todays poll- I have a go-to pot now ;)
cheryl :)

Mar 2nd, '09, 14:43

by Ryoruki » Mar 2nd, '09, 14:43

i got mine today too!

did you get the new Shudei kyusu from dens? it pours a nice full glass i think xD

i've yet to try the sakura sencha, it makes me think spring though, even if it's 6* outside xD
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

Mar 2nd, '09, 14:47

by cherylopal » Mar 2nd, '09, 14:47

I got the kyusu that comes in the beginner set- so i think so. just made the extra green sencha in it.

its 29 here- a heat wave compared to this am! but the wind!! ouch. and i have to walk my dog at least two more times. tg for this nice warm tasty tea!
cheryl :)

Mar 2nd, '09, 20:11

by kymidwife » Mar 2nd, '09, 20:11

Sakura sencha... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ladies, break the seal already. I just brewed my first pot, and I am in love.

I have a thing for cherry anything... but I have always come up short on anything cherry in tea. Sometimes the artificial cherry is so strong it overwhelms any tea taste, and sometimes it just plain tastes like Vicks Formula 44 cough medicine.

But not this one.

The dry leaf is beautiful, dark, shiny, and aromatic... and not just of cherry, but a clear sencha aroma. The tea is a lovely pale bright green, the flavor is smooth and sweet, and the hint of cherry is not overpowering at all, but very complementary of the sencha.

I have never cared for flavored greens much at all until now. It's really nice.
And I got the shudei pot with the novice set, as well at the kokoro black-glazed kyusu, which I used to brew the sakura sencha.
http://www.denstea.com/index.php?main_p ... th=275_284

Overall, this was a most pleasing first order from Den's!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 2nd, '09, 20:30

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 2nd, '09, 20:30

Sarah, you definitely nailed the description. That is exactly why I love the Sakura Sencha. I got my order today too and it was the first tea that I opened up to brew. It is absolutely fantastic.

Mar 2nd, '09, 23:19

by pasttimes » Mar 2nd, '09, 23:19

kymidwife wrote: I have a thing for cherry anything... but I have always come up short on anything cherry in tea. Sometimes the artificial cherry is so strong it overwhelms any tea taste, and sometimes it just plain tastes like Vicks Formula 44 cough medicine.
Agreed. At first, I wasn’t even going to try it, certain that I’d just be brewing up a hot cup of green cough syrup. Curiosity eventually got to me, though, so I went ahead and ordered it. Any doubts I had began to dissipate when I first opened the bag and got that wonderful aroma from the leaves - fresh, tart, and very lightly sweet. Mmm...

The resulting brew turned out to be even better, the combination of sencha and flavoring being so balanced that they seemed to belong together. (And this is coming from yet another person who usually prefers to keep green tea and added flavorings far apart from each other.) What’s more, that balance is maintained nicely through multiple infusions. I got 4 very good steeps out of the same leaves this afternoon, and might’ve been able to get another had I not been in a hurry. (I don't know what the average amount of infusions is for sencha, but I rarely get even that much mileage from any flavored tea.)

So, long story short, you can mark me down as another sakura sencha fan. :)

Mar 3rd, '09, 01:22

by Ryoruki » Mar 3rd, '09, 01:22

i opened up my bag as soon as i got back from wine appreciation xD

mmm i think that i might have found a new favorite! as soon as i put the leaves into the pot i knew that it was going to be good xD
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

Mar 3rd, '09, 06:54

by cherylopal » Mar 3rd, '09, 06:54

kymidwife wrote:Sakura sencha... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ladies, break the seal already. I just brewed my first pot, and I am in love.

But not this one.

The dry leaf is beautiful, dark, shiny, and aromatic... and not just of cherry, but a clear sencha aroma. The tea is a lovely pale bright green, the flavor is smooth and sweet, and the hint of cherry is not overpowering at all, but very complementary of the sencha.

Overall, this was a most pleasing first order from Den's!

Sarah
The seal is broken!! And you are so right!

Yum!!

Mar 3rd, '09, 11:33

by silvermage2000 » Mar 3rd, '09, 11:33

I have not tried the sakura sencha. But I have tried a sencha sort of recently so therefore its something to consider. Also the good reviews are a good thing to keep in mind to.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Mar 3rd, '09, 11:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 3rd, '09, 11:33

Den's Sakura sencha is the only flavored green I will drink currently, unless you consider genmaicha or mugicha flavored. Pretty good stuff. The first steep reminds me a bit of cherry pie which I love.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 3rd, '09, 19:42

by kymidwife » Mar 3rd, '09, 19:42

I've lost count of the number of infusions on this tea... tonight I am still brewing the same leaves from last night, and the flavor is still fabulous. Has to be at least 5 or 6 infusions so far. Mmmm.

Sarah

+ Post Reply