2%
11 or more
3%
Infinity ... always room for one more
52%

Total votes: 159

Mar 7th, '09, 07:25

by cherylopal » Mar 7th, '09, 07:25

I love high heeled shoes- that pair does't look sexy to me at all but the guinomi however...
cheryl :)

Mar 7th, '09, 16:36

by Dreamer » Mar 7th, '09, 16:36

Thank you all for posting the pictures of your Hagi pieces...I am astounded at the variety!

In particular, I never would have guessed that this cup (Chip's) was Hagi.

I think it is awesome...it looks so smooth yet it looks like it has so much texture/life to it. I think if I had this cup I could give away all my other cups. What a simple tea
life...just a tokoname pot (for my Japanese green), my yixing pot (for blacks), my little porcelain pot (for everything else), my Hagi chawan (for matcha), and this awesome cup. But then maybe some aroma cups too...and some saucers...and just a couple of porcelain cups...and maybe a summer chawan...and...ok maybe I would keep everything and keep on buying more! But if I had this cup, I bet I would use it a LOT!!!

Thanks everyone for sharing your great pictures!!

Happy Sa"tea"day,
Dreamer

Mar 7th, '09, 19:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 7th, '09, 19:37

Dreamer wrote: In particular, I never would have guessed that this cup (Chip's) was Hagi.
The loquat Hagi glaze is actually a little subdued in this photo, it is a bit richer and more colorful. So, it is even better than pictured.
........................................................................................................................
I have discovered oddly after a few uses, that this set has a lot of the earthy smell when hot. Weird that I did not notice immediately. Image This is not that uncommon for Hagi, but this set is 30 years old and it may be a bit of a challenge to coax out. Looking at the set carefully, I doubt if it was ever really used and sat in this wood box, sealed, for the entire 30 years. So, it is either the earthiness of the clay, or it is the mustiness from sitting in the wood box somewhere all this time.

Phase one: I have buried it in surplus dry green tea leaf and will let it sit like that for a week. I might take it out and place it in boiled water for a day, then back in the dry leaf.

Then I will brew green tea in it every day for a week or two.

Mar 13th, '09, 18:43

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 18:43

I think I achieved success with the above set. I brought water to a boil, took it off the heat and slowly placed the pieces into the pot of water. I was amazed at all the tiny air bubbles released by the Hagi. I left it in the water til it cooled somewhat and removed them, towel dried, then placed them near heat to dry.

I did this 3 times, and the pungent earthy aroma is undetectable right now. I am relieved.

I received this OniHagi Deishi kyusu from Artistic Nippon yesterday. It took the vendor several weeks to find one I liked. He was very gracious, and I was surprised that he kept getting others to show me. Then I saw he sold out of all the pieces anyway. I am wondering if this topic has increased world wide demand for Hagi??? I am actually a little serious ... :shock:

Mar 13th, '09, 19:21

by bi lew chun » Mar 13th, '09, 19:21

Chip wrote:I am wondering if this topic has increased world wide demand for Hagi??? I am actually a little serious ... :shock:
If it has then I blame you for my not winning this:

Nah, just kidding, I didn't even manage to bid. But let's anticipate my needing to blame you sometime in the future just to be safe. 8)

Mar 13th, '09, 20:47

by Victoria » Mar 13th, '09, 20:47

Very sweet little kyusu Chip, congrats!

bi lew chun, that one is stunning! I was considering placing a bid myself. I guess we all are dialed into Hagi now!! Too bad we can't see the names anymore. It is sad to think of us bidding against each other.

Mar 13th, '09, 20:57

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 20:57

bi lew chun wrote:
Chip wrote:I am wondering if this topic has increased world wide demand for Hagi??? I am actually a little serious ... :shock:
If it has then I blame you for my not winning this:

Nah, just kidding, I didn't even manage to bid. But let's anticipate my needing to blame you sometime in the future just to be safe. 8)
8) I am unable to confirm nor deny whether I "won" this or not. No comment. 8)

Mar 14th, '09, 04:46

by bi lew chun » Mar 14th, '09, 04:46

Chip wrote:
bi lew chun wrote:...let's anticipate my needing to blame you sometime in the future just to be safe. 8)
8) I am unable to confirm nor deny whether I "won" this or not. No comment. 8)
That was fast! I officially re-dub you The Hagi Monster.
Victoria wrote:bi lew chun, that one is stunning! I was considering placing a bid myself. I guess we all are dialed into Hagi now!! Too bad we can't see the names anymore. It is sad to think of us bidding against each other.
I agree. It would be nice to know who's bidding, that way if it's Hagi Monster we'd know not to bother.

Mar 17th, '09, 15:23

by Chip » Mar 17th, '09, 15:23

bi lew chun wrote:
Victoria wrote:bi lew chun, that one is stunning! I was considering placing a bid myself. I guess we all are dialed into Hagi now!! Too bad we can't see the names anymore. It is sad to think of us bidding against each other.
I agree. It would be nice to know who's bidding, that way if it's Hagi Monster we'd know not to bother.
:twisted: I am a low baller, and roll over with the slightest competition ...

Mar 17th, '09, 15:33

by Victoria » Mar 17th, '09, 15:33

Good to know, HA!

Mar 17th, '09, 15:35

by Chip » Mar 17th, '09, 15:35

*showing poker face 8) *
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 17th, '09, 16:31

by Dreamer » Mar 17th, '09, 16:31

I saw activity on this topic and saw Chip's name as the last poster and immediately thought "uhhhh-ahhhh, Chip got some MORE Hagi!"

Don't tease us like that!

Hope everyone's having a GREEN tea day,
Dreamer

Mar 17th, '09, 17:44

by Chip » Mar 17th, '09, 17:44

*more poker face and sandbagging 8) *

Surely there are more Hagi owners who will share with us???
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 17th, '09, 20:05

by kymidwife » Mar 17th, '09, 20:05

Chip wrote:*more poker face and sandbagging 8) *

Surely there are more Hagi owners who will share with us???
Nope, you are monopolizing the market. :D
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 17th, '09, 23:21

by murrius » Mar 17th, '09, 23:21

It is indeed pointless to bid against the Hagi Master.

+ Post Reply