Mar 7th, '09, 08:18

Like-New Dark Brown Clay Tea Boat (Reasonably Priced)

by Garrett » Mar 7th, '09, 08:18

Moderator Edit: Garrett is a new member to TeaChat, and at this time does not meet the 3 month membership rule for TeaSwap. You may still conduct business with him, but as always with TeaSwap, do so at your own risk.
Chip

I just purchased this tea boat from my local shop (Ten Li Tea in Fountain Valley for anyone interested). The boat is in "like new" condition, as I purchased it Thursday night (3/5/09) and have only used it once.

Some quick info. about the boat:

-It was made in Taiwan, although it bears no marking that would indicate as such.
-It's made of clay and is dark brown in color.
-It has a very nice, solid, hefty feel to it, as it weights 1 lb. 3.4 oz.
-It has a removable insert that keeps the brewing vessel above water level (pics to follow)
-It holds about 5.5 oz. of water before reaching brewing vessel
-It is in impeccable condition, showing no visible signs of wear, and is devoid of any scratches, cracks, dings, etc.

Here are some quick pics, which I hope are adequate in quality:

**Please note that the Gaiwan seen in the pictures is only a prop, and is not included in any purchase. I placed the 4 oz. Gaiwan in some of the pictures to help give a better idea of the tea boat's size.**

I paid $28 for the tea boat, and am only looking to sell it for $20 OBRO. This price includes shipping anywhere in the continental US and I'll eat the applicable Paypal fees.

EDIT: ASKING PRICE LOWERED TO $15. JUST WANT TO FIND A GOOD HOME FOR THIS GUY. :D

If anyone is interested internationally, shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

Cheers!

-Garrett[/b]
Last edited by Garrett on Mar 7th, '09, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 7th, '09, 20:27

by Garrett » Mar 7th, '09, 20:27

Sorry about that Chip. I wasn't aware of the three month moratorium, and apologize for not doing my homework on this rule.

At any rate, if you are willing to allow it, I'd still like to pursue finding this tea boat a new home. :D

Cheers,

Garrett

Mar 7th, '09, 22:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 7th, '09, 22:05

This tea boat may continue to float here. :wink: Good luck and I hope it finds a good home.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 7th, '09, 23:24

by Garrett » Mar 7th, '09, 23:24

I'm lowering my asking price to $15, which still includes shipping in the CONUS.

If anyone's interested feel free to PM me.