Maple?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Mar 5th, '09, 10:23

Maple?

by auggy » Mar 5th, '09, 10:23

So way back when, someone gave my mom some somewhat fancy bagged tea that was maple flavored. She split it with me and it was pretty darn good. Anyway, I'm still a sucker for anything maple flavored and wondered if anyone had stumbled across maple flavored tea and where?

Mar 5th, '09, 11:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Mar 5th, '09, 11:45

Did you try Yahoo? I found this:
http://www.culinaryteas.com/Flavored_Teas/16P-125.html

And some Canada stuff eh!

Mar 5th, '09, 15:01

by auggy » Mar 5th, '09, 15:01

Duh, I didn't think to do a search. :roll: Where was my head? Thanks for the link - and the reminder about the joys of the internet! :)

Mar 6th, '09, 09:45

by CJluvsT » Mar 6th, '09, 09:45

This might sound a little weird, but you could always try adding a bit of maple syrup (in place of sugar) to a black tea. I just might have to give that a try myself!

Mar 6th, '09, 10:23

by auggy » Mar 6th, '09, 10:23

Ooh, I like that idea... I mean, it'd have pretty much the same consistency as honey. I think I will have to try that too.

Mar 8th, '09, 14:10

by silvermage2000 » Mar 8th, '09, 14:10

Mabe you could consider tea guys maple sugar tea.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Mar 9th, '09, 00:14

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 9th, '09, 00:14

Maple syrup in black tea is really tasty. I tried it this weekend with some that we had left over from breakfast. You get a bit of the maple flavor and that brings out the natural sweetness of the tea.

Mar 10th, '09, 10:28

by auggy » Mar 10th, '09, 10:28

What type of black tea did you drink it with? I have some keemun and some ceylon. I don't think it would work too well with the keemun but wonder if it would be too strong for the light fruit flavor of the ceylon, so I haven't broken out the syrup yet. Of course, there is always PG Tips. I do have some of that.

Mar 10th, '09, 13:46

by Pentox » Mar 10th, '09, 13:46

Lupicia used to offer a tea called Kuromitsu Kinako. I think at one time they called it Sweet Tokyo, but it looks like by either name it's gone from their lineup now. It probably got pulled during the thinning of their tea lineup. It is a flavored green with kinako, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Or at least that's what it tastes like to me. If you want some I still have some left. (I'm not terribly fond of it)

Mar 10th, '09, 13:53

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 10th, '09, 13:53

auggy wrote:What type of black tea did you drink it with? I have some keemun and some ceylon. I don't think it would work too well with the keemun but wonder if it would be too strong for the light fruit flavor of the ceylon, so I haven't broken out the syrup yet. Of course, there is always PG Tips. I do have some of that.
I used a no-name ceylon from the local organic store. I put just enough maple syrup to lightly cover the bottom of the cup. My cup has a small base though, so that measurement might vary. The tea itself was brewed for about three minutes. The maple syrup that I used was the good, natural stuff from a maple farm nearby so it wasn't overpowering.

Mar 10th, '09, 16:46

by auggy » Mar 10th, '09, 16:46

Pentox wrote:Lupicia used to offer a tea called Kuromitsu Kinako. I think at one time they called it Sweet Tokyo, but it looks like by either name it's gone from their lineup now. It probably got pulled during the thinning of their tea lineup. It is a flavored green with kinako, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Or at least that's what it tastes like to me. If you want some I still have some left. (I'm not terribly fond of it)
Yes please? I would love to try some. Though if I get hooked, not being able to find more would be very sad!
Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I used a no-name ceylon from the local organic store. I put just enough maple syrup to lightly cover the bottom of the cup. My cup has a small base though, so that measurement might vary. The tea itself was brewed for about three minutes. The maple syrup that I used was the good, natural stuff from a maple farm nearby so it wasn't overpowering.
Thanks for the info - I will have to try that. I've got a lower grade ceylon that I'll try it with.

+ Post Reply