Gaiwans

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Gaiwans

Postby MarshalN » May 4th, '06, 11:56

You guys should start selling gaiwans...
MarshalN

Postby Chip » May 4th, '06, 12:44

...yixing too...and my personal fav, Japanese one handled clay/ceramic teapots.
You seem to carry a pretty good selection of all the newest brewing gadgets, but nothing really for the "users" who prefer more Asian traditional metheds.
Just my 2 cents worth
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby LavenderPekoe » May 4th, '06, 13:11

I just want a pot (not the one-handed version) with an ami-obi or ita-obi screen inside.
LavenderPekoe

Postby Warden Andy » May 4th, '06, 15:31

I agree. It might happen if Richard decides to buy a gaiwan.

Although I have a feeling they will only sell glass gaiwans...
Warden Andy

Postby Richard » May 4th, '06, 15:55

We wouldn't just sell *glass* ones! I'd make sure they also had that hot stoneware one too :)

I'm not sure what's up considering the Jenaer situation, but I'll make mention of the wish for gaiwans!
Richard

Postby Phyll » May 8th, '06, 02:54

Richard wrote:I'm not sure what's up considering the Jenaer situation, but I'll make mention of the wish for gaiwans!

As I understand, the Jaener situation is about some customers who dislike seeing some leaves or dust in their cups of tea. Well, just don't expect Gaiwans will alleviate this issue. There WILL be dust, leaves and "sludgy" thang when using a gaiwan, unless the tea is poured through a fine tea-strainer.
Phyll

Postby LavenderPekoe » May 8th, '06, 08:30

Phyll wrote:As I understand, the Jaener situation is about some customers who dislike seeing some leaves or dust in their cups of tea. <snip>

Actually, the Jaener situation is that they are no longer making glasswares. Adagio has to come up with a new supplier for their teapots and stuff.
LavenderPekoe

Postby Phyll » May 8th, '06, 12:50

LavenderPekoe wrote:Actually, the Jaener situation is that they are no longer making glasswares. Adagio has to come up with a new supplier for their teapots and stuff.

Then I stand corrected on my understanding of the Jaener situation. I was reading this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=432

...in which Ilya mentioned about a problem with Jeaner. I must have misunderstood something.
Phyll

Postby Chip » May 8th, '06, 13:00

...heheh...maybe it was the new mask you are wearing, Phyll.

Wow, that is ashame. I am glad that I do have one Jaener, it would have been a shame not to because they are indeed works of tea art. I don't get to use it too often because by my normal tea pot standards (5-10oz) it is huge.

I would bet the ranch that we have not seen the last of that name though. Some one with $$$ will buy the rights and find a cheap way to make the glassware.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby kodama » May 8th, '06, 23:13

I am not sure what the ~obi screens are, but the ceramic dome (base of spout) filters are great on Jpn teapots.

Also - aren't most teapots one handled? I do like the straight-protruding ones on some Japanese ones though too.
kodama

Postby Chip » May 8th, '06, 23:20

kodama wrote:I am not sure what the ~obi screens are, but the ceramic dome (base of spout) filters are great on Jpn teapots.

Also - aren't most teapots one handled? I do like the straight-protruding ones on some Japanese ones though too.

Yeah, I mean the straight handled ones...mine just feels great/right. I want to get another one that has a little more character.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions