atlanta anyone?

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

atlanta anyone?

Postby iannon » Mar 11th, '09, 14:14

Anyone know of any good tea shops in the atlanta area? besides teavana that is?
iannon

Postby bsteele » Mar 11th, '09, 15:32

My house?

Atlanta doesn't really have...well many options. It seems a lot of the "tea rooms" on TeaMap are closed down, coffee shops that happen to sell bagged tea, or just are not that good.

Don't worry, I'll open a Tea Bar and you can have a special discount.
bsteele

Postby Eastree » Mar 11th, '09, 15:43

I make trips there on occasion. Unfortunately, I never have time to explore for tea and everyone I know there thinks Tazo and Teavana are the BEST tea they can find.
Eastree

Postby iannon » Mar 11th, '09, 15:47

bsteele wrote:My house?

Atlanta doesn't really have...well many options. It seems a lot of the "tea rooms" on TeaMap are closed down, coffee shops that happen to sell bagged tea, or just are not that good.

Don't worry, I'll open a Tea Bar and you can have a special discount.

hello again my friend-waiting-on-dragonwell ! Yea..i wasnt that hopeful..but ill be in atlanta next week for business at our corp office so i thought i would ask..there is hardly any options here in knoxville so..online it is for me usually now..but it would be nice to have a place to go in and look and taste and smell you know...
iannon

Postby Eastree » Mar 11th, '09, 19:08

I can't attest to quality etc. but the mention of coffee houses reminded me: Caribou Coffee has at least SOME places that sell whole leaf tea. I know there was one with Dragonwell and a couple others. I didn't order any, but I thought it might bring some to mind.
Eastree

Postby Ryoruki » Apr 21st, '09, 02:58

I live in the NW suburbs of atl, when not at school, and haven't ventured out very far yet. while there doesn't seem to be much in the way of places to buy loose tea, there are some rather nifty tea-rooms

Crabapple Tea Room and Bakery is re-opened and makes AWESOME desserts. They serve high-tea and such, but since it was rather hot when i went i opted for iced tea, which was pretty good. Their flavored iced teas are made by adding flavor shots to the tea it seems, not my favorite, but still worth the trip. I highly recommend their hummingbird cake if they have it. they have a loose-tea menu, i do not know where their tea is from though.

Mary Mac's Tea Room has recently been voted to have the best 'table wine of the south' in atl by AJC survey of the people. However i'd have to agree with the AJC staff in saying that the drunken palmers at South City Kitchen are amazing. Whenever i'm home i try to get one. It's the taste of summer for all those 21+.

There are a few other tearooms that i'm planning on checking out when i'm back home for the summer, and i'm hoping that some of them might shed some light on where to acquire non-teavana loose tea in the atl area. if i find anything out i'll be sure to post
Ryoruki

Postby syscrusher » May 26th, '09, 08:49

This is kinda weird for me to respond to this, as I'm neither an American, nor all that familiar with tea. But I was in the Atlanta for a coffee competition recently, and there is one place in Atlanta that is a MUST for a coffee-head ... Octane.

http://www.octanecoffee.com/

Apart from amazing coffee, and a crazy (good) beer selection, they also do loose leaf teas from Intelligentsia. There's a menu on their site.

If you do check em out, tell them David (from Ireland) sent you :D
syscrusher

re Atlanta

Postby gratefulmama » May 28th, '09, 22:32

Tea Leaves and Thyme is by far the best tearoom in Atlanta (and beyond). They have an incredible selection of loose leaf teas and tea accessories. The food is wonderful as is the atmosphere. Two thumbs up!!

Check out their website www.tealeavesandthyme.com Be sure to make a reservation; they are always busy.
gratefulmama

Re: atlanta anyone?

Postby Ryoruki » Aug 12th, '09, 10:37

Has anyone been to/heard of Tea Labs? they were just featured recently in DailyCandy
Ryoruki

Instant Messenger

Permissions