PETS!!!!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Mar 12th, '09, 13:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Mar 12th, '09, 13:24

Latest addition to the menagerie: Petey

Matcha (bird #1, the green one) would chirp if I played music or audiobooks, he ate (a LOT,) but other than that, did very few "bird" things. Didn't play with his toys or move around much. I decided to bring him a little friend, because maybe he was lonely.

Petey came to live with us a week ago, and it was love at first sight for Matcha. He danced and preened, and tried to feed Petey. This morning they have been playing kissy-beaks and grooming each other.

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you..."
"When you're with me baby the skies will be be blue..."

aaawwww...

My husband hasn't noticed yet, that there are TWO birds in there. I plan on telling him there was massive and unprecedented, sudden cellular mitosis one night and when I got up in the morning Petey was just there in the cage. :shock: :lol:

Mar 12th, '09, 14:48

by geeber1 » Mar 12th, '09, 14:48

GeekGirl, your budgies are very cute! I used to have a light blue female with pale yellow on her face. We would let her loose sometimes and she would perch on top of the aquarium and eat the stray food flakes that were there. The only toy she ever liked was a mirror, a very vain little bird! :)

Mar 12th, '09, 15:11

by Victoria » Mar 12th, '09, 15:11

Congrats! And on your new camera too, that is a stunningly crisp shot.
Wow.

Mar 12th, '09, 21:46

by rjiwrth » Mar 12th, '09, 21:46

I just found this topic and had to respond. These pets are adorable. I have a house rabbit, Hans, who was a rescue. He is big, fat and thinks he is a dog some days and a cat on others. He's litter box trained and is the "cat" of the house. He would thump me if he knew I said that. I also have Maggie, a giant Newfie. I have to watch her. She likes tea. I gotta get some pics uploaded.

Rebecca

Mar 12th, '09, 21:48

by tjausti » Mar 12th, '09, 21:48

You sold my dead bird to a blind kid?

I just thought he was really quiet :D

lol

sorry the birds name above just brought back memories of dumb and dumber :D

Mar 12th, '09, 22:38

by Tea Noob » Mar 12th, '09, 22:38

My mom has 2 or 3 tonkinese. Gorgeous cats. I am a dog person but still want one. I used to have one I got at the shelter but had to move in with someone who had a cat eating dog. I put her on a plane from AZ to NC for my mom to take care of and re-home.

With regard to cross breeding cats and bobcats. From the research I have done, quite a bit but not a ton, there doesn't seem to be any DNA evidence of bobcats or lynx's breeding with a domestic cat. As far as I could tell, it is possible, just hasn't been proven yet. If Bob is still alive, get him DNA tested, he may be famous.

Oh my, I thought you wrote that the cat was 2, I just reread it and saw the kid is. Wow that is a big cat.

Thanks for the link, I am a rescue only guy. I just had my 2 foster bassets get adopted on Tuesday so Monte (my basset) and I are enjoying the peace. So many wonderful pets everyone has on here and so many are rescues!

Mar 13th, '09, 00:30

by kymidwife » Mar 13th, '09, 00:30

The cats are so adorable... I am craving one now, thanks for that. :shock: I have wanted a sphynx for years, but can't find a rescue and won't pay that insane price.

I wanted to share the upcoming new pet addition to our family. I've found an outstanding way to get my "puppy fix" without overwhelming my household... I've found a puppy for my 7 yr old nephew and his mom is agreeable! They lost a family dog earlier this year. And this little girl at a nearby shelter is so adorable!

Her shelter name is Daisy... we'll see if Sam changes it or not. She's supposed to be a golden retriever/cattledog mix, but she's small and looks mostly like an Australian Shepherd to me... which is one of my favorite breeds. Anyway... we're going to meet her tomorrow, and will bring her home as soon as she gets spayed next week. I'm such a kid when it comes to pets. :D

Sarah

Mar 13th, '09, 03:50

by Victoria » Mar 13th, '09, 03:50

Awww such a sweetie!

Mar 13th, '09, 10:02

by auggy » Mar 13th, '09, 10:02

Geek, Petey is so cute! And yay for Matcha having a friend. Does hubby seriously not know that you now have two birds? :shock: Though now that I think about it, it might take mine a bit to figure out if we added a cat....

Mar 13th, '09, 13:22

by Shelob » Mar 13th, '09, 13:22

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you..."
"When you're with me baby the skies will be be blue..."

aaawwww...
Great pics Geek and I love that excerpt from the 'Turtles', well chosen for this thread!

All these photos are superb as are the stories.

It is nice to learn that individuals are trying to find rescues verses purchasing 'pedigrees'. It is a well documented fact that pedigrees normally do not live as long as your run of the mill 'garden species' cats and dogs.

All my animals have always been rescues. :) 8)

Mar 13th, '09, 13:37

by Tea Noob » Mar 13th, '09, 13:37

EDITED by me: Damage control!
Last edited by Tea Noob on Mar 13th, '09, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 13th, '09, 14:00

by Shelob » Mar 13th, '09, 14:00

Tea Noob wrote: I tried posting a link to my fund raising page but it is against rule 8 and it was pulled.
8. Attempts to solicit funds or sell products in the name of a "good cause" are not permitted without the prior approval of the moderators.
At least some of us support charities and rescues!
Well, TeaNoob, rules are there for a reason, it doesn't mean TC does not support charities, it would appear to me that this is not the place to solicite support for any charity as stated in the rule you quoted, not singling out yours.
Did you ask for approval before your post as the rule states?

Keep up the good work with that charity.

Mar 13th, '09, 14:16

by Geekgirl » Mar 13th, '09, 14:16

auggy wrote: Does hubby seriously not know that you now have two birds? :shock:
He seriously does not know! :lol:
Shelob wrote:
Great pics Geek and I love that excerpt from the 'Turtles', well chosen for this thread!
Heehee, it has been stuck in my head, but I thought it was appropriate.
Tea Noob wrote:
At least some of us support charities and rescues!
I would say most of us do, which is probably why the rule exists.

Mar 13th, '09, 14:20

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 14:20

Tea Noob wrote:I tried posting a link to my fund raising page but it is against rule 8 and it was pulled.

8. Attempts to solicit funds or sell products in the name of a "good cause" are not permitted without the prior approval of the moderators.
Actually, you created an entire new topic for your specific charity ... that was pulled first of all because you did not ask permission per the forum rules.

However had you simply posted a link in this topic for instance, likely it would have been allowed to stand. In fact, your mention of this charity several times on the forum was left unedited.
TeaNoob wrote:At least some of us support charities and rescues!
Pretty judgemental and petty comment, imho. Obviously a cheap shot and an extrapulation beyond the reason/intent of the rule.

The rule is there for a reason. It does not mean that individual members, mods, or admin do not support charities in general or rescues. But the rule is fair for everyone, seek approval first. It is only courtesy to ask. Posting baseless and inaccurate accusations on the forum is quite serious and not the first time for you.

For example, every animal I have ever "adopted" is a rescue. I also happen to support numerous charities, not that this is any of your business. I am sure many other members could make the same claims.
Last edited by Chip on Mar 13th, '09, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 13th, '09, 14:39

by Tea Noob » Mar 13th, '09, 14:39

it would appear to me that this is not the place to solicite support for any charity as stated in the rule you quoted, not singling out yours.
I did not say or infer I was being singled out. Sorry if it was interpreted that way. It never crossed my mind that this rule would exist, which is why I made the mistake of not seeking approval at first. I have been made aware and started to follow the correct path . I googled such rules on other forums and most focus on soliciting of any kind not good causes. I imagine it can be overwhelming to weed out the business/jobs/charity/work/etc. links that may be disguised. I bet the MODs have quite a bit on there plate and I know the less BS that has to be sorted through, the better. I have requested that my initial request be ignored.

I would say most of us do, which is probably why the rule exists.
I do not understand that logic.

EDIT: CHIP, I spent too much time writing you a PM and not finishing this post in time. I have written an extensive apology to you personally, I tried to remove foot-from-mouth with this post. I have taken a step back and understand the TC position. I will edit most of what was previously written to avoid more ill will caused by me. I do take responsibility for what I wrote, I I think everything you wrote in response is accurate and deserved. Once again, my apologies.
Last edited by Tea Noob on Mar 13th, '09, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

+ Post Reply