Jul 20th, '08, 12:29

Show Off Your Pots and Cups V

by chamekke » Jul 20th, '08, 12:29

Moderator Edit: You can check out Volume IV here.

OK, I'll repost my last post from page 100, which I think got kinda lost:
olivierco wrote:I also received this one. Not as nice, but I wanted a large one. It holds 6-7 oz

Sweet! Actually, I quite like that one... including its sakura-petal shape, and the solemn little bar that functions as a support for the thumb*.

Here's a yusamashi I bought a couple of years back. It was part of a set that kofudo split up and sold individually. I did bid on the other pieces, but because they were so old (Meiji, allegedly), other bidders had deeper pockets. This little cutie charmed me due of its texture - and also that slight and very comfortable indentation on the left side, where the middle finger* grips the vessel:

*Assuming that the user is right-handed... as Japanese pieces always do!

Jul 20th, '08, 12:45

by omegapd » Jul 20th, '08, 12:45

This is my latest Yixing bought especially for gong-fu and Pu-erh tea. Its got a 3 oz. capacity (90ml)

Enjoying some 2006 Changtai Banna Toucha Pu-erh right now. :!:

EW

Jul 20th, '08, 13:10

by chamekke » Jul 20th, '08, 13:10

Errr... what just happened to pages 26 through 101 of the original Show Off Your Pots and Cups thread?

The last two posts on it are now Brandon's post of March 18, followed by Mary's post of today :shock:

Seventy-five pages seem to be slightly missing at the moment.

P.S. Never mind, there seems to be some administrative movement happening (I see there are now 75 pages in a new thread called Son of Show Off). Heh Mary - you're funny :wink:

Jul 21st, '08, 16:59

by lastcoyote » Jul 21st, '08, 16:59

hello! i'm brand new :D
...well maybe just ever so slightly soiled. but new to teachat and although of course not new to tea in general i am new to pu-erh, oolong and the whole gongfu experience. have been lurking here for a while and learnt a few things. i've got myself some tea stuff from yunning sourcing and dragon tea ebay stores. oh by the way i live in brighton, england. anyway just wanted to post some of what i have so far..more is coming from china as i type....

Jul 21st, '08, 17:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jul 21st, '08, 17:02

Lovely tea table! and welcome!

Jul 21st, '08, 17:04

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 17:04

Ohhhhhhhhhhh nice!!
Thanks for posting!

Jul 21st, '08, 17:08

by Chip » Jul 21st, '08, 17:08

Welcome to TeaChat, lastcoyote, and thanx for sharing your collection with all of us.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 21st, '08, 17:11

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 17:11

witches brew wrote:

Chataku from Muji in SoHo. I like the simple styling and the matte finish.
Ok, I love this!! I think it didn't get its props in Part IV.

Jul 21st, '08, 17:12

by lastcoyote » Jul 21st, '08, 17:12

why thank you girls :D
people will probably be familiar with my wares from the ebay stores. unfortunately as far as i'm aware my choices of buying nice teaware etc are limited to ordering from china via ebay...since i live in the uk and we seem to be very short on decent chinese tea shops..online or otherwise.
...though if any other uk people here can point me in to helpful directions i'd be most obliged...

Jul 21st, '08, 17:15

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 17:15

Well there is Jing - Just recieved an order from them today!
Overpriced but nice!

Jul 21st, '08, 17:16

by lastcoyote » Jul 21st, '08, 17:16

Chip wrote:Welcome to TeaChat, lastcoyote, and thanx for sharing your collection with all of us.
thanks chip. everyone's nice and welcoming here. i have the same experience on my coffee forum. oh yeah....i love coffee too. i'm so lucky :)

Jul 21st, '08, 17:27

by lastcoyote » Jul 21st, '08, 17:27

Victoria wrote:Well there is Jing - Just recieved an order from them today!
Overpriced but nice!
jingtea.com ? yeah i've had a look at the site. not tried anything from them yet..as you say quite pricey.
anyway guess this is the wrong topic to discuss it...
can't wait to get my next delivery from china. i've just ordered this teapot as well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 029&ih=022

looks cute

Jul 21st, '08, 17:29

by heavydoom » Jul 21st, '08, 17:29

lastcoyote wrote:hello! i'm brand new :D
...well maybe just ever so slightly soiled. but new to teachat and although of course not new to tea in general i am new to pu-erh, oolong and the whole gongfu experience. have been lurking here for a while and learnt a few things. i've got myself some tea stuff from yunning sourcing and dragon tea ebay stores. oh by the way i live in brighton, england. anyway just wanted to post some of what i have so far..more is coming from china as i type....
i lived in brighton in the mid 80's on 38 over street, near the train station. we sold the house, wished i kept it, could have sold it for a lot of dosh now, eh? before brighton, i lived in lewes. born in horsham myself, west sussex. brighton is a lovely place. the first body shop was from brighton, was it not?

welcome to the world of pu erh tea!!!! :wink:

Jul 21st, '08, 17:33

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 17:33

lastcoyote wrote:
Victoria wrote:Well there is Jing - Just recieved an order from them today!
Overpriced but nice!
jingtea.com ? yeah i've had a look at the site. not tried anything from them yet..as you say quite pricey.
anyway guess this is the wrong topic to discuss it...
can't wait to get my next delivery from china. i've just ordered this teapot as well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 029&ih=022

looks cute
Yes, cute pot! And Yes Jing Tea.

You might want to introduce youself under:

Introduction to TeaChat

Jul 21st, '08, 17:38

by lastcoyote » Jul 21st, '08, 17:38

heavydoom wrote:i lived in brighton in the mid 80's on 38 over street, near the train station. we sold the house, wished i kept it, could have sold it for a lot of dosh now, eh? before brighton, i lived in lewes. born in horsham myself, west sussex. brighton is a lovely place. the first body shop was from brighton, was it not?

welcome to the world of pu erh tea!!!! :wink:
hey heavydoom! funny that you lived here in little old brighton :) yeah you'd of made a killing on that house in over street now! house pricing has soared here in brighton. basically london prices in certain areas of brighton.
yeah first body shop....think the original one is still there in the same place.

got my first pu erh tea the other week...really loving it...found it very more-ish. love the whole process of brewing it on my new tea table etc...