Mar 14th, '06, 21:06

by teaspoon » Mar 14th, '06, 21:06

I feel like if you're using a teapot, your cup or mug should somehow coordinate with it; not necessarily match though that's cool too, just coordinate. But then I'm all about coordination.

My favorite teacups are two that I got, one that's white with the word "tea" impressed on either side in the ceramic, and the other is red with the same "tea" impression. They're made by the Beehouse company, I think you can find them online. I just think they're cute. When I go home, though, I've got a new black-on-black cherry blossom print mug from Target that I'm fond of. Though if I'm making a pot of tea with my mom, I get out my grandmother's Blue Willow teapot and cups. But I'm a Blue Willow fan, so go figure.

Mmm teacups. :D

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Sep 4th, '07, 17:32

Re: The right teacup

by Mocha Wheels » Sep 4th, '07, 17:32

PlantFan wrote:Is there a "right" drinking vessel for each kind of tea? Like a brandy snifter or pilsner glass, etc? Is the experience of a kind of tea enhanced by a certain material or shape of cup? I've just been using the standard mug but am looking for some teacups to go w/ my yixing teapot (in which i brew oolong).

teacups are just as unique as tea... tea cups are like any other form of art... one cup may appeal to one person while another person may think the same cup is butt ugly! normally i drink my tea on the go from an insulated water bottle- but i too am looking for the cup that strikes me for when i have time to sit down (or should i say "relax" since i'm always sitting in my wheel chair). i personally like a japanese style without handles... check out this one http://www.amazon.com/Arita-Relaxation- ... 14&sr=8-22

Oct 8th, '07, 21:35

by Thirsty Daruma » Oct 8th, '07, 21:35

Been drinking out of a small mug decorated with my Scottish clan logo. It's the perfect size - not one of those mungo-huge mugs.

At work I have a mungo-huge mug with a wrap around picture of a book store. :P

+ Post Reply