Tea Timer Pickiness

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Dec 6th, '05, 14:15

Re: steep timers.

by PeteVu » Dec 6th, '05, 14:15

jfnoonan@bellsouth.net wrote:Why would you need a timer? if, you are using a quality tea the steep time does not matter. Steep them all day! does not matter.
I agree, high quality tea can be steeped for weeks. I actually like to put tea and hot water into glass soda bottles... and bury them in my backyard on the moon right next to my space-kimchi.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Dec 2nd, '08, 13:18

by Janine » Dec 2nd, '08, 13:18

Hi. I downloaded the TeaTimer mainly because I could use a timer on my desktop. I know how to add my own times for what my needs are.

However, I'm having the same problem with the TeaTimer remembering settings.

Like, for example, I don't want a desktop icon. But everytime I uncheck this option, I later re-open the TeaTimer and it's checked again.

Also, it seems to want a .wav file sound. I found a nice one in my music files... but when I re-open TeaTimer it has forgotten the .wav file I picked (or that I picked one).

It seems to remember the additional times I have added to its list.

Help... how do we save settings?

Dec 2nd, '08, 13:23

by Janine » Dec 2nd, '08, 13:23

Okay, I just tried DavidH's suggestion and edited the properties of a specific tea, then edited the settings.

When I closed the program it asked if I wanted to save settings... voila.

Thank you DavidH and officemate, wherever you are.

Dec 28th, '08, 10:09

by ahlatimer » Dec 28th, '08, 10:09

I'm a web/Java developer. If people are interested, I can throw together an online tea timer or a Java based one.

Before I start though, let me know if A) anyone is interested and B) whether a desktop application or a web based application would be more useful. The web based application would have the advantage of being accessed from anywhere, and I could probably have that one finished sooner (I just do Java in class).

Dec 28th, '08, 15:39

by tenuki » Dec 28th, '08, 15:39

Everytime you use a timer a tea fairy loses her wings.

http://half-dipper.blogspot.com/2008/05/timing-tea.html
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

+ Post Reply