FRIDAY>>>WOOHOOO TeaDay 6/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you got them, teapots you have never used?

Yes, I have a pot I never used
31%
Yes, I have several pots I have never used
10%
I confess, I have many pots I have never used
4%
NO, I have used every pot I own
55%

Total votes: 51

Jun 20th, '08, 10:32

by geeber1 » Jun 20th, '08, 10:32

I had iced ginger peach this morning and brought some with me to work.

Don't have any teapots yet, but have major teapot envy after seeing some of the photos on this site!

Jun 20th, '08, 11:09

by Tadpole » Jun 20th, '08, 11:09

All my teapots (I suppose gaiwans don't get counted here) here get used, from most to least: 2-cup brown Chatsford, Numi glass pot, white porcelain with blue orchid motif gaibei (it's like a gaiwan with a spout and a handle, essentially a teapot) and a black flat UFO-shaped tetsubin that we like to use for black tea and puerhs. Wait, there's also that big ol 20 oz. frog teapot that comes in handy when there are guests.

I can't just buy a teapot and leave it sitting in a bag. A new teapot comes straight home, and tea gets made with it!

No tea this morning. I don't think interview days need to be any more stimulating. Actually I was gonna go restock on some Formosa oolongs after I get done, as a reward for myself.

Jun 20th, '08, 11:14

Re: Gong Ting Tribute Shu

by auggy » Jun 20th, '08, 11:14

Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: where oh where did you get the chicken fighting figurine?
This is not a happy version of the chickens you like. I couldn't find a sheep fight or a monkey fight. My daughters brought this clumsily-made piece back from Venezuela ten or more years ago, probably purchased from some roadside buhonero.
Maybe they aren't meant to be happy chickens, but their body language looks a bit like two of my kitties when they get into a little lovefest with each other, so in my mind, the two chickens are acting lovey and friendly and the two guys watching them are wondering what the heck they is going on. :D

Jun 20th, '08, 11:23

by Ladytiger » Jun 20th, '08, 11:23

I have three teapots that I have never used.
I'm working my way through the tea box. I have one that I want to try again because it was too weak, Holiday tea. But before I get to that I'll start my day with Czar Nicholas which seems to be almost the same as the holiday tea.

Jun 20th, '08, 11:30

by henley » Jun 20th, '08, 11:30

Ladytiger wrote: I'm working my way through the tea box. I have one that I want to try again because it was too weak, Holiday tea.
The holiday tea was from me. I never could quite get that one, either. Always seemed like something was missing. I liked it better if I added some vanilla or cinnamon tea to it. Also, try steeping it 4 or 5 min rather than 3 & see if that helps.

Jun 20th, '08, 11:35

Re: Gong Ting Tribute Shu

by chamekke » Jun 20th, '08, 11:35

Salsero wrote:Sin comentarios.

Salse, you have outdone yourself again. What a terrific composition!

You should consider putting these on some sort of gallery blog. Really.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 20th, '08, 11:39

kept one of three

by laran7 » Jun 20th, '08, 11:39

I've moved from a big house to a little apartment and given two glass teapots away - I sometimes wish I hadn't -

:(

but someone else is using them :)

Darjeeling, for me, today.

Jun 20th, '08, 11:52

by chamekke » Jun 20th, '08, 11:52

I nearly voted to say that I use ALL my pots... then I remembered that I have a couple of yixings that I bought second-hand and haven't yet dared to use.

In my cup: coffee. Sorry, guys. First thing in the morning, I often drink the c-drink.

I've been dying to post some new teaware finds, but between the duff shoulder and a lack of time, the conditions haven't quite come together yet. My tea group is putting on a marathon series of presentations tomorrow, and I have to (a) rewrite my usual "tea talk" for the occasion and (b) assemble kimono and accessories for the day, most of which I suspect need ironing. Sigh. The one thing I hate about kimono: the ironing...

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 20th, '08, 11:53

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 20th, '08, 11:53

I have a silver pot which never, ever, ever gets used. Irish Breakfast, both hot and iced, so far today.

Jun 20th, '08, 11:55

by olivierco » Jun 20th, '08, 11:55

I have one chawan I haven't used: it is still in the post office waiting for me to find time to go there.
I have one teapot I haven't use yet: a hagi hohin. I bought it to have take it with me when I am not home, so I should use it during my summer vacations

This morning silver needles and probably a shincha in a few minutes.

Jun 20th, '08, 12:02

by Pentox » Jun 20th, '08, 12:02

I've got a few little gong fu pots that I picked up that I haven't used yet. One of which I only got a few weeks ago.

This morning: Cold Brew Hibiki-an farmer's shincha

Jun 20th, '08, 12:08

by keelyn » Jun 20th, '08, 12:08

What I use least is my Ingenuitea, abandoned in favor of a glass double-walled french press, yixing ware, and gaiwans.

My collection is sparse, however, considering that my grandparents on either side of the family have entire collections of teaware that goes unused. Japanese, Chinese, silver teasets, even a Samovar all for display. Next time I visit I'll be sure to take photos to share.

Jun 20th, '08, 12:09

by augie » Jun 20th, '08, 12:09

I have used everything at least once. Some only once!

Jun 20th, '08, 12:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 20th, '08, 12:45

keelyn wrote:What I use least is my Ingenuitea, abandoned in favor of a glass double-walled french press, yixing ware, and gaiwans.
That little item is on my wish list. :wink:

Baozhong from FLT in my cup here at work. It will get me through till lunch.

Jun 20th, '08, 12:48

by xine » Jun 20th, '08, 12:48

having TKY in my petit teapot today- great for battling a sore throat.

i have one pale yellow Beehouse teapot I haven't used. It really only holds a cup, and I'd like to use it, but I think I bought it more for the 'darling' factor as opposed to the practical use of it, since it only holds one cup.