Monday 6/30/08 is TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What was your favorite tea for the month of June?

Black
19%
Oolong
36%
Green
25%
White
4%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
6%
Rooibos
2%
Herbal
2%
Yerbe Mate
2%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 53

Jun 30th, '08, 10:41

by cane » Jun 30th, '08, 10:41

I voted for Oolong, I think its perfect any time of year. With such a variety of flavors and body, it is easy to find one that fits your mood and desire.

Here is my second tea of the morning. A Huang Jin Gui oolong. Very tasty, the leaves have a slight floral aroma, but not overpowering any means, just the nice natural taste, makes me want to be outdoors. I dont do iced teas too much, but with all of the talk on the boards, it makes me think this might be suited to a nice refreshing cup of iced tea! Maybe later... :idea:

Jun 30th, '08, 10:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 30th, '08, 10:48

henley wrote:Easily June was an oolong month! Tried several new ones & found a favorite in Pouchong.

After a busy weekend, decided to treat myself to a pretty bfast. Had oolong #40 this morning. The wildflowers came out of my back yard. Planted the seeds w/my dtr during Spring Break. I see this becoming an annual tradition. :D

Wow! Henley! Gorgeous! And that border! You went all out, it looks like a greeting card. Lovely together, and the spoon matches??? Love how you captured the reflection of the flowers in the cup!

Jun 30th, '08, 11:35

by Tadpole » Jun 30th, '08, 11:35

Oolong is my constant favorite type of tea. If I could only drink oolongs for the rest of my life, I'd be sad but not as sad as if I were only allowed to drink one of the other tea types.

I worked through a really great 1 oz sample of Wenshanbaozhong from Red Blossom in June. I went back last week to get more, but a local business bought out their entire store stock! It's okay, they're getting another shipment by the 2nd week of July. I am getting a pound (maybe a pound and a half) to see me through till next Spring.

Another favorite oolong in June was a SanLingXi from 06/07, flavor still quite good even after 1+ year.

This morning Silver Needles in a Finum brewing basket in my big fat mug. The brewing basket makes all the difference. I used to throw loose leaves into the mug and keep topping with water, but I would often get weak tea or oversteeped tea. Today I can lift the leaves out, stand the filter on the lid, and drink in the perfect gentle floral nutty goodness that is Silver Needle.

Jun 30th, '08, 11:42

by neowolf » Jun 30th, '08, 11:42

Greens this past month, though I'm warming up to the richer black teas. I recently tried yunnan gold and was enthralled! Currently drinking a nice genmaicha though.

Jun 30th, '08, 11:45

by Riene » Jun 30th, '08, 11:45

Black tea for me! I love my morning hot tea!

Cane, I covet your gorgeous little blue teapot! Where did you get it???
:shock:
cane wrote: Image

Jun 30th, '08, 11:45

by chamekke » Jun 30th, '08, 11:45

My tea drinking was all over the place in June. Despite the fact I've got so much Japanese shincha, I was also drinking other greens, whites, oolongs ... not to mention hybrid drinks like genmaicha and flavoured black teas. Iced, hot... too much variety to choose only one!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 30th, '08, 11:51

by olivierco » Jun 30th, '08, 11:51

Green of course.
June has been so far about 51,1% japanese green.

This morning silver needles, houjicha with my lunch and now some asa giri gyokuro.

Jun 30th, '08, 11:52

by cane » Jun 30th, '08, 11:52

Riene wrote:Black tea for me! I love my morning hot tea!

Cane, I covet your gorgeous little blue teapot! Where did you get it???
:shock:
The teapot is a 3 cup beehouse teapot. I actually received it as a christmas present back in 2002 from my brother. It served me faithfully throughout college and through today at work. Beehouse makes great functional teapots. I believe this particular teapot came in a giftset from specialteas, but many vendors carry Beehouse, the trick is finding one that carries the color you like.

Jun 30th, '08, 12:30

by Chip » Jun 30th, '08, 12:30

Green...sencha...shincha. I had a lot of realllllly good ones. If I had to choose one, wow...that would be hard.

It could be the Fukamushi Supreme from O-Cha. I am drinking it right now...this was a bit of a bonus from Russian Soul.

YAY OOLONG BOX PASS!!!

Jun 30th, '08, 12:38

by Victoria » Jun 30th, '08, 12:38

Already on my third cup today - busy day here

This one is my current favorite - AliShan Traditional from FLT
Chip wrote: YAY OOLONG BOX PASS!!!
Yay!! Yes the excitment builds! The official announcement will be made later this week here on TeaDay! But the inventory list is up and I'm posting my content picture today!

Jun 30th, '08, 13:24

by auggy » Jun 30th, '08, 13:24

I voted oolong, though it was close between oolong and green. But this month, I've been drinking more oolong than green so that's what tipped it over.

Yesterday I ended up getting spyware on my computer and it changed my computer registry. DH spent about 7 hours yesterday cleaning everything up. My job - keeping him supplied in tea. So yesterday was a big tea day and most of it oolong. Drank it out of my little onion cups which have charmed me even more.

No tea yet today. I made tea for DH then fell asleep on the couch. :oops:

Jun 30th, '08, 13:30

by geeber1 » Jun 30th, '08, 13:30

I voted black as I have loved the sample of Ginger Peach I just finished, and have also been drinking a lot of chai. (maybe those would be under other, but I thought that since they have black tea in them that's where they'd go?)

Just ordered the Oolong sampler from Adagio, so I may be changing my preference soon! :)

Auggy, I loved the photo of your onion cups the other day. My grandmother-in-law had the same pattern and your pic brought back some fond memories!

Jun 30th, '08, 13:36

by auggy » Jun 30th, '08, 13:36

geeber1 wrote:Auggy, I loved the photo of your onion cups the other day. My grandmother-in-law had the same pattern and your pic brought back some fond memories!
I was just reading that post but the thread was locked so I couldn't reply. I'm glad it brought back fond memories. :)

Jun 30th, '08, 13:44

by henley » Jun 30th, '08, 13:44

Salsero wrote: Ooo, very pretty! Image
Nice reflection. What did you use as a shorty vase for the flowers?
Thanx for the compliments. I cheated on the "vase". It's actually a crystal toothpick holder that belonged to hubby's gma.
chamekke wrote:Despite the fact I've got so much Japanese shincha...
I'm officially jealous! I didn't discover shincha until it was too late to order any. Finishing up the last of the Sakura Sencha from LP.

Geeber1 - Like your new avatar!

Auggy - Nice to hear you're using your pretty new teaware! :D

Jun 30th, '08, 13:46

by olivierco » Jun 30th, '08, 13:46

Darjeeling Phuguri FTGFOP1 just after dinner.

(Darjeeling 20,2% in june)